Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV-out won't work on G550

This is my poblem,

I've a G550 dualhead. On the HD-15 connector I've placed my main monitor, which is an Iiyama. On the second connector, which is DVI, I've connected the DVI to HD-15 interface. On this interface I've connected the TV-out cable.
    My TV is capable of running S-VHS, also my TV-connection to my TV works, since I've tested it with an Elsa Gladiac 920 with TV-out,
    which works just fine.

The dualhead of the G550 is set to normal TV, but the refreshrate is currently 60Hz
    Also when i view the complete display modes (in Dualhead display capabilities) of the second monitor, which is the TV, there is a huge list from 640@255Hz thru 1900@80Hz

This means something is very wrong, but I've no clue.
    When I run a movie the display is switched to TV, I can see that on my TV screen but the movie is not shown properly, there are lot's of grey stripes.

When connected to a TV, you need to hook the monitor up to the DVI port, with the DVI>VGA adapter, and the TV to the VGA port with the BO cable.
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Thanx for 30% , my desktop wallpaper is displayed properly. But the rest is gone The icons, taskbar everything is gone, it looks like the size of my TV is not matching the desktop. Ther is still some text on the bottem which says: monitor 2 and then the resolution. When i start a movie, i see it on display one (it's very slow now, missing lot's of frames, this problem was never there before) but it is not sent to my TV.

extra info:
      DVDmax is on

Comment

Originally posted by Slashhead
        Thanx for 30% , my desktop wallpaper is displayed properly. But the rest is gone The icons, taskbar everything is gone, it looks like the size of my TV is not matching the desktop. Ther is still some text on the bottem which says: monitor 2 and then the resolution. When i start a movie, i see it on display one (it's very slow now, missing lot's of frames, this problem was never there before) but it is not sent to my TV.

extra info:
        DVDmax is on
        The taskbar isn't supposed to be over there in dualhead mode, in clone mode, it will be a clone of your monitor's display.

If you want to display video to the tv, use DVDMax.

Rags

Comment

Ok, is DVDMax a software tool or is it in the drivers ?
          There was no software by my card. Even the drivers were missing..
          I've only all the cables and a box

Do you have a link ?

So, i must set Dualhead "clone"on active ?

I am running version 6.72.016

Comment

Enable Dualhead DVDMAX mode, it's in the dualhead panel in display properties -> advanced

I'm confused because you said you enabled DVDMAX already and now you ask where it can be found?

Only video overlay windows are outputted to TV in DVDMAX mode. Maybe there's not enough video memory in the resolution your running at. Maybe there's not enough free video memory because you've got clone mode enabled (or another dualhead mode other than DVDMAX). Try disabling it (only use DVD-MAX). Also lower the resolution/refresh of your desktop to 1024x768x16@75Hz (for troubleshooting purposes mainly) if that doesn't solve the problem.

There could be other causes of the clip not using overlay though. Try playing back a mpeg1 file, since those filters will use overlay in almost all cases where there's no other limiting factor (free memory/bandwidth).

edit: removed crap because I can't read...
            Last edited by dZeus; 18 December 2001, 13:16.

Comment

I have found DVDMax settings under Dualhead features.

I have the following settings:

Dualhead multi display = active
              Dualhead clone = disabled
              Dualhead Zoom= disabled
              DVDMax = active

i can't make the Dualhead clone setting active.

It still doesn't work. Also the movie is slow since i switched the connectors.

Comment

disable multi-display like I told... you don't need it for video output to the TV.

Comment

I have disabled the multidisplay option, but it's still impossible to enable dualhead clone even a hotkey is not possible. powerdesk is displaying "non" for the clone hotkey.
                  DVDMax is saying enabled but currently not active, and i am running a MPEG-1 movie on the background.

I've also changed my desktop settings to 1024x768@70Hz and the movie is running fine on my desktop now, but not on the TV

Comment

you don't need to enable clone to watch the movie on your tv... in fact, it won't help at all.

DVD-MAX should read 'enabled and active' when you check the properties while watching the mpeg1 movie (it won't update of you open the properties before playing back the mpeg1 file). If it does, it should also output to TV

Of you want to enable clone mode, you need to click on the hotkey field that says 'none' and just press a keycombination. That hotkey will then enable clone mode. Though, as mentioned earlier, it's won't help to watch video material on the tv-out, as it's not the way you're supposed to output video. You might troubleshoot by enabling magnifier in programs -> accessories -> accessibility. As soon as the video window uses overlay it should come up as black on the magnifier bar.

I don't know what else could prevent the use of overlay other than the codec's directshow filter (kind of ruled out with mpeg1) or the lack of enough free video memory or bandwidth (ruled out with 1024x768@75Hz)... maybe someone else can jump in?

Comment

Ok guys the problem is solved.

WIth the G550 card, lets start with basics.
                      While the computer is off, the tv goes to the db15 port and the primary monitor to the dvi adapter to dvi port.
                      The connection to the tv should be direct.
                      Now power up the computer. Open display properties. Settings tab, use 1024x768 16bit, apply. CLick advanced, dual head tab.
                      You should see +features, expand this, click multidisplay, change settings, and de-select this. Reboot. Go back to display properties, till you are at the +features. This time select clone mode, change settings, click hotkey, highlight clone mode, and in the white box where none is selected, click to get the cursor in there. Now make a hot key, like F12 or alt+a, then click save. Get back to +features, and lets select dvdmax, change settings, checkmark to enable it. Save and exit and exit display properties. Now hit the hotkey. This should bring a replicated image on the tv. Fire up the dvd and it should start playing full screen on the tv. Note you'll need an audio cable from the sound card to the tv audio in.

Hope this works!

------------------
                      Vicken
                      Matrox Graphics Inc.
                      Technical Support Representative (Multimedia Group)
                      The Clone thing won't work with me because i was very stupid,

Today i've hooked two computers to my monitor, one with a G550 and another one with a GF3. And quess what, i was pressing the wrong keyboard to make a hotkey.....wow

But the solution from Vicken works.

Comment

clone doesn't have anything to do with DVD-MAX.

You can disable clone and still output video to the tv through DVD-MAX.

Comment

My desktop is copied to my TV as soon as i press the hotkey for dualhead clone. Anything else doesn't work for me.

Comment

your desktop is... overlay video is a completely different story. It's not visible in clone mode on your secondary output, and will only be visible with DVD-MAX, which outputs the overlay video fullscreen to TV, which I understood was what you wanted to do in the first place, right???

Comment

DVDMax is enabled but isn't active'when i start a movie. Perhaps it is due to the fact that i'm not using a DVD.
                              I want to view a MPEG-1 movie by using the windows media player. When i hit alt-enter the screen of my TV stays black. There is no signal sent to my TV. The only way to get the movie on my screen is by sending it by the clone option.
                              Does this mean, that i always have to switch the connectors on the back of the G550 when i want to view a movie ?

Comment

Working...
                              X