Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new athlon xp cpu - which cooler to buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new athlon xp cpu - which cooler to buy?

i am going to either buy a 1900+ or a 2000+ depending on how much money i have, and need to have a good cooler. i want to keep the cpu to uner 40 under heavy load. any suggestions?

right now i have a ghz tbird and the cooler on that is crappy, since it runs at about 65-75 C. doesnt matter since i wont be using it for much longer.
    --
    TJ

Thermalright SK6 w/31cfm Sunon (to keep noise levels reasonable).

I'm currently running with an 80mm mid output to keep the noise down and the cfm'age up. Noise level with 80mm 69cfm Delta was unbearable, but performance was unbelievable.
    Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

well noise isn't that important as long as it isnt too noisy. i am used to the sound of a fan in my room and cant sleep without it now. except that one starts and stops continually lately and drives me nuts.

i am also not looking to spend too much on it. say no more than £35.

also i cant find that model anywhere. i might need to buy a fan for the case as well but i am not sure if one comes with the aopen one i bought.
      --
      TJ

Comment

I've got Zalman.

I like it. If you are not going to overclock you may set it to low noise with 2000+

Heavy but it will do the job easy!

/FeaR MiX

Comment

I have the Alpha cooler on an 1700 Athlon. I run it with a ducted fan from an old PSU, it runs nearly silently @ 40 deg C

It came with a ludicrus delta fan ( the damn thing was like a hovercraft!!)

I had to change it.

I ran it for a couple of hours with no fan and it didnt even reach 80 deg C with no fans in the case (though the side was off!)

redred
          Dont just swallow the blue pill.

Comment

I use a GlobalWin WBK38 cooler on my XP 1600+, bit noisy but very nice and within your budget. Got mine form CCL (http://www.cclcomputers.co.uk/acatalog/).
            Phil
            AMD XP 1600+ ,MSI K7TPro2-RU, 512Mb, 20Gb System, 40Gb RAID0 , HP 9110 CD-RW, Pioneer DVD/CD, Windows 2000 Pro SP2, ATI RADEON 7000, Agere OHCI 1394, DX8.1, MSP 6.5, Midiman USB AudioSport Quattro (4 channel 24bit/96Khz sound unit)

Comment

thanks for the advice guys. i bought the zalman.,
              --
              TJ

Comment

Working...
              X