Picture jumping in AVI_IO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picture jumping in AVI_IO

Just upgraded by ABIT BH6 to ABIT KR7A-RAID and have a weird problem with AVI_IO. When I start it aboult half the time the picture is jumping up and down. If it isn't it starts jumping up and down when I end a capture. I don't get this with PCVCR (but since it drops frames I don't use it). Happens with tuner and SVHS. PD 5.55 and VT1.52 G400 Marvel.

Anyone experienced this or know of a fix? Worked fine before MB change, latest via 4-1 drivers installed.

Incidentally, just got a Santa Cruz sound card but don't want to put it in until I can eliminate all traces of my SB Live, Is there an article somewhere that shows hot to do this?

Thanks.
    Nethermancer

More info

Same thing happens in VirtualDub when capturing. Could it be a windows component needing reinstalling? DX8.1 already installed.
    YUY2 and macrovision patches applied. Picture is otherwise normal but starts jumping up and down on stopping capture until restarting application.
    Nethermancer

Comment

There is a Directx capture patch, but I am guessing that it is not your problem.

If your source video is good, then I would think that maybe it is a bus problem. New MB could be clocked differently or something.

Did you do a fresh install of the OS or just throw it in there and let Windows change the resources and install the appropriate drivers?

Could be numerous things...bad answer, sorry.
      WinXP Pro SP2 ABIT IC7 Intel P4 3.0E 1024M Corsair PC3200 DCDDR ATI AIW x800XT 2 Samsung SV1204H 120G HDs AudioTrak Prodigy 7.1 3Com NIC Cendyne DVR-105 DVD burner LG DVD/CD-RW burner Fortron FSP-300-60ATV PSU Cooled by Zalman Altec Lansing MX-5021

Comment

I've only had this happen using the hardward mjpeg while doing full size / both fields. If I do CIF or YUY2, no jumping. It seems to be something screwing up with the on screen de-interlacing.
        @DrP #Windows95 DALnet

Comment

Working...
        X