Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i need a new mobo

hi everyone....

i kind of have an intersting problem....

i got an abit sa6r motherboard about 7-8 months ago and ever since i got it i have had all sorts of heat related problems with the chipset... it runs from anywhere from the mid 80's to 120's (the only time it runs under 95 is when th window is open on a cold night) and is always about 10 degrees hotter than the cpu at any given time. i've tried putting a fan over the existing heatsink, but it didn't reall do much.... it's still way too hot.... and on top of that it doesn't allow me to overclock as much as i used to be able to or as the othe compters in my house.

so, with that said, i'm looking to get a new soket 370 motherboard... i prefer to get something with an intel chipset but if something else is reliable i'll look into the recomendation. but i want toknow what the most stable, overclockable, best motherboard for the intel pentium3...

oh, and by the way i have a pentium3 1ghz eb, 256 pc150 ram, and an ati radeon 8500

thanks in advance, and sorry for the long-windedness....

fredo

I have exactly the same motherboard, I have never had the overheating problems you mention, nor the problems with overclocking (its not fantastic but I could still push my PIII850 to 116Mhz FSB).

Sounds like there is something seriously wrong with your mobo, It should still be underwarenty (Mine is 1 year but it depends on your countries laws) take it back and get it replaced

Dan
    Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Working...
    X