Which slot1 mobo of yesteryear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which slot1 mobo of yesteryear?

I am looking for a motherboard for a small SCSI server. Since my crappy Legend V slot1 mobo I have always stuck with cheap AMD.

I think I will go for an Intel offering of yesteryear. Can anyone suggest a good slot one mobo that I could pick up from e-bay or likes thereof?
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Asus P3B-F

Comment

I agree.

It has lots of ram slots, very stable, highly overclockable, jumperless settings. It was the flagship mainboard at the time

I sold my Asus P2-99 for 45$ and bought a P3B-F for 30$ instead, best deal I ever made!
      Titanium is the new bling!
      (you heard from me first!)

Comment

The Abit Bh6 would be another good one.
        chuck
        Chuck
        秋音的爸爸

Comment

Gigabyte GA-686BXE or BX2000+

The BXE is slightly more tweakable as far a OC'ing goes, but the features of the BX2000+ are excellent (And of course, it comes in High Speed Blue *tm). If it's a SCSI server though, I doubt you'd be doing much of that.
          Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

Agree with dZeus.
            Asus P3B-F.

Regards.
            Primary desktop:
            Dell Dimension 4100|P3-733Mhz|512MB Crucial PC133 CL3|ATI Firegl 8700 64MB|SBLIVE|3Com 3C905c|Adaptec 2906|Quantum 40G|FUJITSU 1.3G MO|Iomega 16x10x40x|MGE 480VA UPS|Philips 200P3M|XPPro
            Secondary desktop:
            Generic P3-733Mhz|512MB Crucial PC133 CL3|Matrox G400 32MB DH|SigmaTel audio(build-in)|2 x 3Com 3C9980B|Adaptec 2940UW|Quantum 15G|MGE 500VA UPS|Sony G500|W2K

Comment

Asus P3B-F......Asus P2B-S......oh, hell any Asus slot1 MB!
              They're all good

Comment

With SCSI - Iwill DBS-100
                Without SCSI - Iwill DBD-100
                When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

hmmmm......

I run 2 Soyo 6BA+ Slot 1 boards....266-600 MHZ capable and stable.......4 RAM slots, 1 ISA, 1 shared, 4 PCI, 1 AGP X2..and they are still supported.

-Dil
                  Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

Asus P3B-F. Second choice: Asus P2B. Third choice: FIC VB601 (don't laugh, I built 50 of these for a daycare here, and they all have been working without problems since day one, which was 3 yrs ago!).

Rags

Comment

If your components are ultra-2 scsi (LVD, 80MB/s), the P2B-S has it on board already. If you have a pci scsi card that you're planning on using, then go for a P2B or P3B-F. Extremely stable boards.
                      Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

If you got a scsi card abit bf6. Crashed once in two years and that was my fault.
                        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I'll also put my vote in for the Asus P3B-F.
                          Still my main mobo, and by far the best slot1 mobo I have dealt with to date.
                          Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

I've been pretty satisfied with my Tyan Thunderbolt. It's a dual slot 1 with a GX chipset. If you want scsi built in, it has that, along with an Intel nic and Ensoniq sound. (Good basic stuff that works) You will need a big case though.. it's an extended ATX board.

Comment

BH6 is a good choice....

Alternatively, the BP 6 could make an intresting choice, providing you dont try to use the hpt366 hd controller....
                              its a dual celeron proc with a BX chipset... If the server isnt critical... (its a socket board though)
                              Dont just swallow the blue pill.

Comment

Working...
                              X