Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATX Cases

Hi All,

I'm looking for a new case, and I'd like some suggestions if possible. The only things I'm looking for is that it is ATX (of course), 5*5 1/4" bays, 3+ 3 1/2" bays (only 1 needs to be external), one of the most important pieces is that the motherboard and cards are slide out (like a Lian Li case), a bottom hard drive case (again like Lian Li) would be nice but not needed. Lastly it doesn't need a power supply.

I know I could pick up a Lian Li case but I'm looking for a (cheaper) alternative to those cases.

I look forward to any responses.

dsp
    1.8GHz PIV (Northwood) @ 2.5GHz
    512MB Corsair PC2700 @ 2-2-2 1T
    MSI 845PE FISR
    8.4GB Quantum CR
    40GB Maxtor 5400
    MSI 40X12X48
    Coolerguys Windtunnel IV
    SB Audigy
    Parhelia (210/600)
    19" Dell P991
    Win2kPro
    Intel Gigabit Network

see the details here
    jim
    System 1:
    AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
    Epox 8K7A
    2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
    an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
    SBLIVE 5.1
    Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
    IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
    Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
    3Com Hardware Modem
    Teac 20/10/40 burner
    Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

and it doesn't cost you an arm and a kidney to buy

I like my Q500 a lot

Comment

Get on from Aopen! This for example

I have tihs model

Nad here yo uhave a guide on how to mod the case! [
        According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

<a href="http://www.tech-report.com/reviews/2000q1/ks-188/">Antec KS-188</a>

5 External 5.25"
          1 External 3.5"
          7 Internal 3.5"
          slide-out mobo
          <a href="http://queen.pricewatch.com/search/search.idq?qc=%22KS188%22*">$81</a>

Comment

The antec is the same as the AOpen!
            According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Maybe try this one (though it hasn't have a slide out).
              http://www.chieftec.com/products/Workcolor/ColorDX.htm or the AOpen HQ08, like Guru said great case lots of room and casemodding oppertunities.
              Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
              Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
              Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

How about one of these babiies

Leading the way in bespoke PC systems and PC gaming, any and all of your components & peripherals needs are met with our vast range of products and services.

Comment

when going for an all-in case, I would chose this one:

contrary to the shuttle one this one will work with the Matrox G450 PCI (if you want to add a matrox card ).

Comment

@ dZeus & Ant

If I was building a little box for TV recording or DVD movies the shuttle would be my first choice (too bad either doesn't come with an AGP slot as I'm getting my G400 back to use in my editing machine).

@everyone else

Thanks for the suggestions so far, The Inwin Q500 seems good, as I can buy it locally and at a price of $135 Canadian. But keep giving me suggestions as I'd really appreviate them.

dsp
                    1.8GHz PIV (Northwood) @ 2.5GHz
                    512MB Corsair PC2700 @ 2-2-2 1T
                    MSI 845PE FISR
                    8.4GB Quantum CR
                    40GB Maxtor 5400
                    MSI 40X12X48
                    Coolerguys Windtunnel IV
                    SB Audigy
                    Parhelia (210/600)
                    19" Dell P991
                    Win2kPro
                    Intel Gigabit Network

Comment

I know you want something cheaper... but I quite fancy the Lain Li PC65. I haven't been able to find one in the UK though...

What about the tried and tested Globalwin 802?
                      The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

The 802 doesn't have enough bays for him. Only 2 5-1/4"
                        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy [MU]
                          but I quite fancy the Lain Li PC65. I haven't been able to find one in the UK though...
                          How about here

http://www.overclock.co.uk/formprodu...=Lian-Li-Cases
                          When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

@T az: Wow! Hey man thanks!

@Womabt: Doh! I can't count.
                            The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

I'm looking for a new case, and I'd like some suggestions if possible.
                              SuperMicro/Addtronics if money is not the question.

I know I could pick up a Lian Li case but I'm looking for a (cheaper) alternative to those cases.
                              But since it is, I'd suggest InWin Q500.

A week ago assembled a system for my son. It's been a pleasure working inside the case.
                              One should check the model of the power supply, however. There exist 250W and 300W varieties.
                              Computer Revolution makes it possible to substitute educated slaves for ignorant ones. (V.I.Arnold)

Comment

Working...
                              X