Edit* transitions dialogue crashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edit* transitions dialogue crashing

Okay, two part message. First part, my problem. Edit* is crashing on a recently built Matrox Digi LE system. The problem occurs occasionally when opening the transitions dialogue box. Don't know if this is a documented problem or not, hope someone here knows of it, and has a solution, or at least insight...

2nd part; Elie asked me to comment on Edit a few weeks back, before I had used it.

Well, my impression is that it uses very different logic to "lego" timeline video editing systems (Premiere, Speed Razor). It's very similar to Avid, in its timeline and transition/effect usage.

Problem with Edit is that when you've got a complicated job to do, your timeline becomes VERY messy after a short period, and sometimes it's dificult to clean it up. "Black" is an object, just like a clip is. You can move it, cut it, dissolve between it. So when you've done a lot of transitions, and cuts, and shifting clips around, you get a large number of "split" points on the timeline. They're easy to get rid of, but time consuming.

Edit* is a good package (assuming I can solve that crashing problem, which takes up 3 or 4 minutes of reboot time), and once I get used to it, I'll enjoy it greatly Im sure.

The only one complaint I have interface wise, so far, is that TGA's, and black, all have an initial duration of 10 hours, so you can't just drop it on the timeline, you have to give it a managable outpoint, first. I haven't yet found a preference to set the default initial duration, so maybe I just haven't dug deep enough yet...

Working...
X