Question for haig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for haig

Ive just been doing a little look around, and noticed this at matrox.com for the G550:

Max resolution (primary + secondary digital flat panel) 1280 x 1024 @ 32bpp

Ive just ordered a Dell 2000FP 20 inch flat panel that supports 1600X1200 and uses a DVI-D connector (also has a analoge connector, but whats the point).

I also saw this:

where the guy looks like he has the same screen Ive just ordered. The specs on matrox.com for the G550 day it is a DVI-I connection. Are these compatible with DVI-D?

Also, Im assuming the new card will support DVI, and as its Matrox, 1600X1200 resolution should be supported . Is that a sensible assumption?

Also, is it possible that it might support DVI-D as well as DVI-I if these arnt already compatible?

Im not looking for anything definate(well, I am, but Im not expecting any hard answer), but I would realy like my next card to be another Matrox one.

Ali

Edit didnt work.

found DVI-D will plug into DVI-I, but not vice versa. One worry down (should have checked this first I suppose).

Links:

Dell provides technology solutions, services & support. Buy Laptops, Touch Screen PCs, Desktops, Servers, Storage, Monitors, Gaming & Accessories

Ali

Comment

Hi Ali,

Also, Im assuming the new card will support DVI, and as its Matrox, 1600X1200 resolution should be supported . Is that a sensible assumption?

Sensible assumption but you'll get a definate answer once we release our product spec's.

The G550 does have a max res of 1280x1024 when using 2 dfp's in digital mode. Using them in analog mode doesn't have this limitation. The only dfp that we will bypass this limitation is the SGI panel where you can do 1600x1024 on both outs in digital mode. This is becuase it's pixel clock is < 112Mhz. If these Dell's have the same low pixel clock, then theoretically, it should also go past the limitation.

Haig

Comment

Thsnks.

Looking through the DVI specs, a single link DVI should have a maximum bandwidth of 165Mhz, which gives a maximum res of 1920 x 1080 at 60 Hz (according to Dell).

The dual-link configuration provides enough bandwidth for resolutions up to 2048 x 1536.

Give me hope that the GXXXX or whatever will have a dual-link TMDS.

Just looked up the specs, It has a pixel clock of 162.0Mhz at 1600X1200

Oh well, Ill just use my G400 through Digital until the next great thing comes out.

Thanks for the fast reply.

Ali

Odd that my edit started a new thread, wonder what I did wrong?

Comment

Working...
        X