Reformating in Win2k/XP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reformating in Win2k/XP

Well I got my NFR copy of XP today and in the next week or two, I'm planning on dumping my system and reformating the drives. I haven't done this yet in W2K with NTFS, so whats the best way of doing it? When working with Win98, I usally use Fdisk to get rid of the partitions then use whatever drive utility disk I have from the HD manufacture to set up the drive again and format it.

Thanks

Scott
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

the XP cd is bootable & during setup, gives you the option to delete & create partitions to install your OS!

Comment

yup.... I think that (apart from its size) that XP is actually VERY good.

You can sesize/repartition etc with the os, no proble.... and it boots from the cd (but remember to turn on that option in your bios!)

The only thing is, I am not sure if the OS will allow you to do this on your raid 0 setup.... I SHOULD work on SCSI systems, but the ABIT/Highpoint controllers might not be fully su[pported as an option on setup.... you will have to 'suck it and see'!!!

Drop me a message (im or something), if you get it to work.... I have a highpoint 66 in system 2 and was thinking of installing it as raid, but never got round to it.....

redred
      Dont just swallow the blue pill.

Comment

Working...
      X