Crucial/Micron?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crucial/Micron?

Is there a relationship between these? I have seen memory advertised as Crucial/Micron, and as Crucial, and as Micron separately. Are they identical but just branded differently?

Thanks

I know that Crucial is a division of Micron, but are the sticks the same?
    Last edited by oceaneer; 12 December 2001, 07:39.
    P4 2.8/533 on MSI 865PE Neo2 Platinum, 1G Crucial, ATI 9600 XT, 5.1 catalyst drivers, TB Santa Cruz, 80G WD 7200 ATA 100, 350W PS Win XP SP2

Micron makes the memory chips, Crucial assembles them on a high quality 6-layer pcb and keeps a very competitive price selling on-line only

Comment

Crucial sells directly only, not just online. You can buy over the phone, and they have run their own ads.
      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Thanks guys.
        Did you see the price increase the last few days? Crucial now is $61 and change. Buy now or wait????

Bite the bullet and get now, I think.
        P4 2.8/533 on MSI 865PE Neo2 Platinum, 1G Crucial, ATI 9600 XT, 5.1 catalyst drivers, TB Santa Cruz, 80G WD 7200 ATA 100, 350W PS Win XP SP2

Comment

Yes the price of 256mb of DDR is now £44.00 up from £37.00 last week. Normally memory is still around £23.00. Spot the popular platform for Xmas.
          Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Yes and no. Crucial is Micron's sales front. As the logo in the top left says, "Crucial, A Division of Micron." Company information is here. Micron Semiconductor's makes the chips, Crucial sells them, they are both owned by Micron Technologies. I believe they only sell to consumers and tier 2-3 OEM's. I think tier 1 OEM's deal directly with Micron.

Jammrock
            “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
            –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
            X