Trillan Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trillan Problem

I've been trying out this program for the past couple days and I get a problem when I open it with it totaly taking up my desktop and making my computer slow as crap. I was able to get to down to a managable window last night but it happened again and I'm starting to get pissed at it. Any suggestions on what could be happening or what I can check in the properties to keep this from happening?

Thanks

Scott
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

You might try running <a href="http://miranda-icq.sourceforge.net/">Miranda</a> instead of Trillian.
    Miranda is compatible with ICQ + MSN.
    Also has working file transfer.

And it won't make your computer slow
    or take over your desktop. (<a href="http://miranda-icq.sourceforge.net/images/screenshot_main.gif">screenshot</a>)

Best part:
    Attached Files

Comment

Okay, I run something like half the CPU power as Scott here, same amount of RAM, and I don't have any slowdowns with Trillian 0.7

Besides, this is all I see. (Overlayed it on top of OJ's post )

Which OS do you use? And what is totally taking up your desktop, Scott? All the open ICQ windows from different users you're talking with? Put them in a container and be rid of 3 dozen open answer windows on your desktop
      Jordâ„¢

Comment

Sorry about that I'm running Windows 2000 with SP2. The problem I have is that Trillian is running as a huge contanter or window over my desktop and I can't get it to drop down into a nice floating window or docked to one side of my desktop! Otherwise I'm really happy with it! Let me see if I can get a screen grab and I'll post it here.

Heres the screen shot...I moved it a bit but I still can't get it to dock to the side of the screen! Nor can I get it so I can see my contacts.

Last edited by GT98; 11 December 2001, 19:58.
        Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

I think I know part of the problem already, without looking at the screengrab

When you open the Trillian remote you have this big blob at the bottom, click on it and go to Preferences. Then in the Basic options unclick Always on top, hide contact list and maybe you don't want the splash in and out screens, so disable show loading and closing window.

In contact list options setting Hide offline contacts, enable docking and on multiple connections etc. should be on. Place the drawer on the left or the right, you can close it by clicking on the small bar on top.

The rest I didn't change so much.

Jord.
          Jordâ„¢

Comment

While we are on Trillian problems....

How do you keep the transparency ? Everytime I reboot, this setting is back to the default of "not transparent"...

Is it possible to have it ask the password (for icq) upon connection, instead of having the password stored by Trillian ?

Thanks !

Jörg
            pixar
            Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Working...
            X