Icon/windows corruption in XP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Icon/windows corruption in XP

I am not sure if this is a matrox problem but the only people who have it (that I know of are my wife and I). She has a G100 and I have a g400 vanilla.

The arrows on scroll bars, some icons (e.g. my computer), address tree in outlook 2000 and XP turn into black blocks. This can be temporarily fixed by rebooting or changing colour depth.

Anyone heard of this - let me know what extra details you need.

g400 16mb DH - bios 1.5 - 22, drivers 5.72.021 (display, kernal, DD 5.12.01.1720, OGL 2.42.037, pdesk 6.72.018),
    epox kh8a+, 512 mb DDR, 20gig + 40gig maxtors, sblive, nic, modem, wintv, win98se & xp pro dual boot.

wifes computer, g100, be6II, pIII 450, 256mb pc100, live value, adsl modem, 20gig + 4gig maxtors, dualboot 98se and xp pro
    hmmmmm

I <a href="http://forums.murc.ws/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28837&highlight=black"> reported this</a> a few weeks ago but nobody responded. Only happened once. Am running 1024x768x16.

BTW, Bibble, great signature.
    Attached Files

Comment

The 5.72 drivers when I installed them were over the top of the native xp ones so I will try the uninstall and reinstall.

resolutions are about the same as yours - 32bit colour depth as I am into the xp "fluffy bunny" look Would the bios upgrade be of any use? Never done it as never really had a problem with the card. What are the differences that the bios would generate? Anyone?

Lastly - the AGP setting - does thia give any benefits? Sorry if it sounds obtuse.

sig was my wifes btw
      hmmmmm

Comment

Working...
      X