OMG!!!! Take a look @ this!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG!!!! Take a look @ this!

Tired of taking the bus? Not a Car lover? Always wanted to fly? Then this is just for you. The Moller Skycar can easily cruise at 350mph at only 15 mpg. The vehicle is classified as a VTOL aircraft, which means it capable of Vertical Take Off (and) Landing, so you won’t have to worry about parallel parking on a busy street. The M400 can reach a top speed of 390mph and a maximum rate of climb at 7800 feet per minute. It carries 740lbs of fuel, which is good for about 900 miles. Total HP adds up to 960hp, which is enough to power the 2,500lb aircraft. And the total noise level at 500ft is only 65dba. Also the Skycar uses automotive gas and comes equipped with a safety parachute. The maximum operational ceiling is around 30,000ft, and in-flight piloting is handled by an onboard computer system. The “pilot” inputs his destination and then he can sit back and relax.
    http://www.moller.com/skycar/
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

I'll take two
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Been around for years. I think you need a pilot's license to get one....which will probably be slightly more difficult to get than a driver's license. That 70% correct score just won't cut it for these babies.

Now if only it would fold up into a suitcase a la Jetsons!

b
      Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow? But why put off until tomorrow what you can put off altogether?

Comment

the M400 has not yet been flown
        They've been working on this thing for over twelve years! Call me when they've flown a full scale production prototype.

At any rate, will it fit in my garage next to my LTD?

Kevin

Comment

The damn thing doesn't even have wings. Are you supposed to remain in VTOL mode all the time? The thing would be damn near uncontrollable. Until they invent anti-gravity, I'm gonna stay right here on the ground, thanks very much.

Comment

from memory the 4 rotors that you see pivot, which gives you the vertical take off, also they angle to keep you up and going the direction you want to go when at low speeds

Dan
            Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

I only wan't one if it has a manual overide:
              "and in-flight piloting is handled by an onboard computer system. The “pilot” inputs his destination and then he can sit back and relax. yuch!!

FAA will never alow this kind of veichle...

They can see it already 10 thousand midair colisions

But it would be fun to have it featured in the next Bond movie...
              If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Working...
              X