Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From London to Surrey

Hi guys

On Wednesday I am going to Surrey university for an open day, can anyone tell me the best way to get there from London, I know there is a website that tells the best way to get to any destination it even tells the train times and everything, but I cant bloody remember what was it.

Thank you,
    Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe (nForce2)>>AMD 2500+@ 3200+ (Barton)>>1.5 GB Ram (PC400)>>Leadtek GF 6800 12x6(385/850)>>Western Digital 120GB (WD1200JB) & Fujitsu 20Gb(MPF3204AT)>>Cambridge Audio azur 540A>>Razer Viper(Mouse)>>V7 V7S20PD 20.1 TFT Monitor>>NEC 3510A>>Lite-ON (40x10)>>Cherry CyMotion>>CanoScan N670U>>Epson Stylus Color 760>>Windows XP (SP2)

I'd take the train.

Trainline, your quick & easy way to book train tickets across Europe. ✓ Save 61% on UK Rail ✓ Live Train Times ✓ Save with a Railcard ✓ Get the app
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

takes you straight to the timetable info. You can get straight from Waterloo to Guildford in about 33 minutes. Or drive the A3.

Tony.
      FT.

Comment

Very accurate route descriptions for various contry's...

Jörg
        pixar
        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy [MU]
          I'd take the train.

www.thetrainline.com
          Ofcourse, if Have I Got News For You is any reliable, you go at least a day early if you ever want to get there in time
          Jordâ„¢

Comment

Thanx everyone,

I will take the train from Waterloo to Guilford only 33 min. sounds good, I bet there will be delays and in the end it will take 99 minutes to get there. It wouldn’t be British Rail if it was ruining on time

By the way I found this website www.multimap.com Its like from some sci-fi movie you can see almost every bit of UK through a satellite, I wonder how long it will take before we will be able to see in each others bedroom

Take care,
            Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe (nForce2)>>AMD 2500+@ 3200+ (Barton)>>1.5 GB Ram (PC400)>>Leadtek GF 6800 12x6(385/850)>>Western Digital 120GB (WD1200JB) & Fujitsu 20Gb(MPF3204AT)>>Cambridge Audio azur 540A>>Razer Viper(Mouse)>>V7 V7S20PD 20.1 TFT Monitor>>NEC 3510A>>Lite-ON (40x10)>>Cherry CyMotion>>CanoScan N670U>>Epson Stylus Color 760>>Windows XP (SP2)

Comment

I wonder how long it will take before we will be able to see in each others bedroom
              Now, why would you want to do that? What is there to see in my bedroom besides a bed and a mess?
              Jordâ„¢

Comment

Yep login into peeping Tom satellite and watch the girl of your dreams as long as you know the post code.
                Shucks I forgot it.
                Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Originally posted by Kastuvas
                  ... It wouldn’t be British Rail if it was ruining on time
                  Quite an amusing slip of the finger there
                  FT.

Comment

well in Canada, from London to Surrey is about a 3-4 day trip.

ps, just jokin around
                    AMD XP2100+, 512megs DDR333, ATI Radeon 8500, some other stuff.

Comment

If it even runs at all.
                      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

British Rail provided a great service compared the mess we have today :P

Comment

Well thats the problem when you've got to pay the fat cats big wage increases for being tossers and then paying them big hand outs for being found out they're tossers. Then you've got keep the shareholders happy and by the time you're finnished there isn't enougth money to repair the tracks for the trains to run on and lots of people get killed.
                          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Hi everyone, well I’m back from Surrey.

Everything went by the plan until I got on to an underground train, surprise surprise, the driver greeted everyone with a message that we all hear too often. It went something like that – Due to the signal problems (at what ever station I cant remember) jubilee line trains will run late in both directions. If that’s not enough one stop before Waterloo in the train in front of us someone activated passenger alarm and everything stopped for 10 minutes.

The train from Waterloo to Surrey was 7 minutes late, but that’s nothing the price of £15 for the journey I think is a bit steep, considering the train was as crapy as it can get, you even have to open the door yourself and it only opens from outside if you want to open it from inside you have to open the window, stick your hand out and then open the door.

But saying all that I still got there 2 hours early

Wow Surrey Uni is nice, instead of having libraries of computers they have set up this wireless network zone where you can come with your laptop and connect to your local user area as well as university server, internet and all the other facilities. And it’s so fast as well the transmission rate is 11Mb per second. To show that it really works the engineer asked us to tell us site on the Internet and he would go there when the laptop is completely disconnected, guess which website I told him to go to hehe MURC loaded in a blink. Then even better he loaded a movie file from a server in the uni and started walking around the corridors with the movie playing.

The accommodation was nice as well, small houses are everywhere, they are so cute, like from a fairy tale, but the rooms are small, hehe almost as small as my bathroom. The rent is £46 and you don’t have to pay for electricity, water or telephone.

Oh yeah almost forgot to mention Surrey has Yellow/Green colour busses looks like a big lemon.

Anyway enough said.

Regards Kastuvas,

Comment

Working...
                            X