Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marvel G400 and Voodoo5 PCI in the same machine!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvel G400 and Voodoo5 PCI in the same machine!?

Call me greedy but I am trying to get both cards to work in the same machine hooked up to a single monitor. My monitor has 2 inputs and can auto switch between them. Both cards will work alone without a problem but here comes the fun when both are in the machine:

If the AGP (Marvel G400)slot is selected as primary (In the bios) the system boots without incident. You can see both cards in the System Manager and their isn't a conflict listed anywhere. Both cards are on IRQ16 (Windows 2000 nonsense). I can't for the life of me switch to the Voodoo5 by way of the display properties sheet. I can select it but when I apply it goes right back to the Marvel. I have tried loading Unreal Tournament and switching to the Voodoo in there and while it does see and load the Voodoo5 it will not play full screen and is a bit on the dark side.

If the Voodoo5 (PCI) is selected as primary the system starts to boot but hangs at the Windows 2000 splash screen. The system does complete it's loading since I can manually switch the monitor to the Marvel where I can get to everything.

Has anyone tried this combo and gotten it to work, or am I better off with another PCI card to work with the Marvel? If someone can come up with ANY ideas I would appreciate it.
    Perspective cannot be taught. It must be learned.
Working...
X