Gather around me my children I wish to speak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gather around me my children I wish to speak

OK folks need a little feedback. I'm sure you are all aware of my distinct lack of activity around the site. Unfortunately this is mainly due to my job, I'm working very long hours, going away on trips quite often etc etc and this is only going to get worse.

So what I need to know is what to do with the place as I really can't commit too much to keeping it in order. The forums drive the site but the news and file archives have always been a major part of the site as well. Should I just can that side of things, try and find someone reliable to help out or just call it a day and shut the pace down?

The must be someone around here that is willing to do the job, I'd hate to see it disappear.
    "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

IMO try to find someone reliable to help you. More than enough able hands around, I think.

Didn't you take over from the original MURC starters in a way? Maybe it's time to pass on the fire

Jord.
      Jordâ„¢

Comment

I would hate to see it disappear as well.

I would volunteer but I have a budding family and a starting business that I have to concentrate my efforts on.

Someone should post a link to this in the other forums just to raise awareness.
        AMD Phenom 9650, 8GB, 4x1TB, 2x22 DVD-RW, 2x9600GT, 23.6' ASUS, Vista Ultimate
        AMD X2 7750, 4GB, 1x1TB 2x500, 1x22 DVD-RW, 1x8500GT, 22" Acer, OS X 10.5.8
        Acer 6930G, T6400, 4GB, 500GB, 16", Vista Premium
        Lenovo Ideapad S10e, 2GB, 500GB, 10", OS X 10.5.8

Comment

I am the original, it's just that after 6 years I've aged a bit

Comment

bummer....

IMHO the items on the website always made it into the forums anyway.....other than the hosting complaint you posted warning us about them....

I would hate to see the forums go....and I would now offer my limited capabities to assist as needed. I have the time now to do/learn what I can to help....as employment has eluded me at the moment..

-Dil

Ant, most things (cheese,wine) get better with age
            Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

Please, someone, don´t let MURC forums end!

I can´t volunteer, as I´m a busy man

Comment

I think he`s refering to the MURC site, NOT the forums. Anyways, i would volunteer, but i`m in a rather hectic stage with the Uni ... plus i cant spend much time online (costs $$$ over here) ...

But there surely is someone who can spare a few hours a week to keep the site updated?
                Seth, are you ok? I`m peachy Kate. The world is my oyster. - Seth Gecko

Comment

How about implementing a system where all MURCers could contribute to the news bit?
                  The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Or at least waiting until Matrox actually has news worth reporting.
                    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombat
                      Or at least waiting until Matrox actually has news worth reporting.
                      True ...
                      Seth, are you ok? I`m peachy Kate. The world is my oyster. - Seth Gecko

Comment

Hey I'd love to help out, maybe put up a review or two and help slightly with news.

dsp
                        1.8GHz PIV (Northwood) @ 2.5GHz
                        512MB Corsair PC2700 @ 2-2-2 1T
                        MSI 845PE FISR
                        8.4GB Quantum CR
                        40GB Maxtor 5400
                        MSI 40X12X48
                        Coolerguys Windtunnel IV
                        SB Audigy
                        Parhelia (210/600)
                        19" Dell P991
                        Win2kPro
                        Intel Gigabit Network

Comment

There's nothing wrong in keeping the news page a bit slow, when there are no real new things to post. Better no news than false rumors.
                          And when Matrox has something really noteworthy I'm sure you will find the time...

But keep the main page up nevertheless, please. If you are able to find someone to help you with it, the better.

Regards,
                          Joachim
                          But we named the *dog* Indiana...
                          My System
                          2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
                          German ATI-forum

Comment

Maybe the news could even expand a little bit on the general hardware (most relevant stuff), just to keep the boat floating...

Comment

Well I have too much time on my hands so anything i can do...

Dan
                              Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Working...
                              X