Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XP + DVDMax + Realplayer

I have a G450 32MB with dual head.
    Using DVDMax + Realplayer I used to get full screen output on my TV using Windows 2K.
    Now I have upgraded to XP I just get distortion on my TV output. Other DVD apps like players are okay.
    Has anyone else come across this or sorted out a solution?

H

I think I have the same problem. I'm running WinXP Pro with G400 MAX and PD5.72. DVDMax TV-Out works just fine with every video clip using WMP or PowerDVD. Real Player on the other hand produces something like several small black and white screens on the TV. I tried experimenting with the DVDMax settings, but nothing seemed to fix the problem.

Comment

Curious. Do you have a TV card in your system?

My WinTV works now with DVDMax whereas it didn't before the upgrage to XP.

And,.... I was using the Camera plugged into the TV card.(whilst wearing a distinct yellow T-shirt). I then tried to use realplayer and some residual images of me... were on the TV instead of the realplayer one. I wonder if the TV card is somehow interfering with the RP image....

Anyway I will have to take it out to test that theory...

H

Comment

As a matter of fact, yes I do. It's a Hauppauge WinTV-PCI and I think it started working with DVDMax after I installed Hauppauge's drivers for WinXP (i.e. it didn't work with the ones Microsoft was offering through windowsupdate).

btw, here's my setup:

Abit BX6 Rev2.0
        Celeron 1100MHz
        Matrox G400MAX
        Hauppauge WinTV-PCI
        SB Live! Value
        3Com Fast Etherlink XL 3C905B-TX

Comment

Working...
        X