Direct Draw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Direct Draw

I'm about to buy a Hauppage PCI card for video editing and frame grabbing and their blurb says I must have "Direct Draw support" in my machine.

My graphics card is a G400 (not Max) and the motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-6BXC.

Can anyone please tell me what Direct Draw is and whether I've got it? Can find no reference to this in the Matrox site.
    Cheers , Geoff C

Direct Draw is part of directX!
    to see if it's enabled on your system go start/run & type dxdiag.
    look under display to see if direct draw acceleration is enabled or not!

Comment

btw welcome to the forums!

Comment

The Hauppauge WinTV works great with the G400. I had mine working quite a long time with my G400/16MB/DH without any mahor problems.
        The WinTV is a very nice card for vid-capturing if you have the CPU to do software MJPEG in full resolution (anything equal to or above Duron800 should do).

The only minor annoyance is that Hauppauges WinTV32 and WinTV2000 applications are IMO crap and are using a strange overlay mode that is not really working well on the G400. But there are better free 3rd party tools for watching TV with the Hauppauges cards (together with some additional ...ermm... functionality [descrambling]) that don't show this problem.
        Besides this same problem exists as well on my current Radeon and on a friends GeforceDDR and thus is surely NOT caused by the G400.
        But we named the *dog* Indiana...
        My System
        2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
        German ATI-forum

Comment

Thanks!

Many thanks to Ayoub and Indiana. Unfortunately I lost my Matrox manual and I am grateful to you Ayoub for the dxdiag tip which shows that in fact, everything is running in DirectX.

Thanks again, Geoff C

Comment

Indiana,
            I agree with you that WinTV win32/2000 apps are not that good, i am also using the same combination (G400DH+WinTV PCI) as i didnt know about any 3rd party programs. Erm? Do you any link to them?

Bel.
            Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
            ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

Originally posted by Belwarrior
              i didnt know about any 3rd party programs. Erm? Do you any link to them?

Bel.
              Hi Bel,

http://www.netzagent.com/freetv/index1.html and click on Nagra/Syster on the left hand side ...

For analog TV I recommend MoreTV and for Digital TV I personally use MultiDec. Both apps need to be configured to use YUV as color model in order to fully support DVD Max.

But be aware that all apps are made for PAL only (afaik) !
              Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
              Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
              be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
              4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
              2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
              OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
              4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
              Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
              Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
              LG BH10LS38
              LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

I'd also recommend MoreTV. For a link see Maggis post above.
                Unfortunately the prog only comes in german language, but then most options should be self-explaining.
                But we named the *dog* Indiana...
                My System
                2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
                German ATI-forum

Comment

Thanks Maggi for the link..

Its PAL over here so there shouldnt be any problems
                  Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
                  ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

Working...
                  X