Although for network bandwidth it seems to work for Modem connections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Although for network bandwidth it seems to work for Modem connections

Seemed to make a differance to my modem connection and accessing web pages.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Thnx for the tip, hoping this will improve my cable-modem downloads. Forgot to read tweakXp-pages for a while.

PeTe

Comment

Most people using cable seem to be reporting very little differance. Thats probably becuase they're not maxing out the bandwidth.
      The biggest differance I've noticed is in the logging in process which now confirms the username and password instantly. So god knows what craps being flying down the modem cable.
      Pages also do seem to load a little quicker. I'll maybe notice more if I download a file.
      Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Ahh yes, the brilliant QoS service in XP that reserves 20% of your bandwidth for 'high priority' packets.
        "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

Hm......

I got that service in W2k....

Will hell break lose if I disable it?
          If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

yes, not too mention that your computer will personally transform to the spawn of satan

Comment

More information about the QoS packet scheduler at http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...tgqos_5244.asp.

Comment

Working...
              X