Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr. Mordrid? I'm *Stumped*! DV codec

Man, am I stumped!!

Having left the Flyer editing platform, I'm new to PC editing and am having a profound problem getting ULead MediaStudioPro 6 to work properly on my new Sony VAIO 1.8GHz, 512 Mb system.

I can't record to my Sony TRV17 MiniDV camera from the timeline, although I've obtained Ulead's "Switch" which allows the VAIO user to swap Sony's proprietary DVCodec with MicroSoft's DVCodec -- enabling proper operation.

Well -- as far as I can tell, the "Switch" is not working. Worse,

1) no clear instruction is given for how to engage it, and worse, to my knowledge,

2) no read me doc is offered at all -- to explain how to get the "switch" -- a 280Kb file, to work

3) the user is supposed to know what "the valid file name" should be, after making said "switch" from the Sony DV codec to the MSDV codec:

i.e. "sonydvcr.inf" is said to be "invalid" --after selecting "SWITCH" option, then "OK". So then, where are we to find the proper "file name"?

3) I have been impressed with ULEAD up to this point. I'm more than a bit surprised about this one, folks...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For clarity, here's what happens when I attempt a switch from Sony's DV codec to the MSDV codec --

I get greeted by the following dialogue box when attempting to run the "SWITCH program:

INF File Name: <sonydvcr.inf>

(you're supposed to choose one
    o REPLACE WITH MSDV o RESTORE TO ORIGINAL

__ SWITCH __OK

"PLEASE REPLACE WITH A VALID FILE NAME" after clicking "__SWITCH"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I'm stumped on my soapbox. Dr. Mordrid -- *anybody*-- can you help? Ulead's Web site was of no help (to me at least).

Thanks in advance!
    peterg

digitalvideorec@msn.com
Working...
X