Suicide Bombers Blast Jerusalem Mall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suicide Bombers Blast Jerusalem Mall

<a href="http://www.jpost.com/Editions/2001/12/02/News/News.39117.html">story</a>

<a href="http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?g=events/ts/120101mallcarbombing&a=&tmpl=sl&ns=&l=1&e=7&a=0">p hotos</a> (warning: graphic)

If Arafat doesn't get his minions to stop this crap his PLO, and it's satellite organizations, will be on the terrorism "hit" list. And don't think that a lot of Arab governments will feel sorry for him in their heart-of-hearts.

The real truth of the matter is that most of the Arab nations support a Palestinian state cut out of Israeli territory only to prevent them taking up residence in their back yard. Principle has very little to do with it.

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 1 December 2001, 20:52.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

HAIFA, Israel (AP) _ A suicide bomber detonated nail-studded explosives on a bus in this port city Sunday, police said, killing himself and at least 14 people just hours after Islamic militants set off deadly explosions in downtown Jerusalem.

The wave of attacks _ including a shooting in Gaza _ killed at least 25 people besides the bombers and injured nearly 200 in only 12 hours. Prime Minister Ariel Sharon decided to cut short his trip to the United States, moving a meeting with President Bush up to Sunday so he can leave return to Israel later in the day.

The Palestinian militant group Hamas claimed responsibility for all of the attacks, which occured as a U.S. envoy was in the region trying to forge an Israeli-Palestinian truce.
      Joel
      Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
      Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

And the cycle of Violence goes on and on.
        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

"Will be" on the terrorism hit list?

Have y'all forgotten that Mr. Arafat has been one of the FBI's (and Interpol's) ten most wanted for the past 30 years?

- Gurm
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
          If only life were as easy as you
          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
          I would still get screwed

Comment

At this rate, Sharon sure is earning his own place on that list.
            Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

[i]
              Have y'all forgotten that Mr. Arafat has been one of the FBI's (and Interpol's) ten most wanted for the past 30 years?

- Gurm [/B]
              Pity they missed him when he flew in for talks.
              Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I think this is a very good picture, and for your information, the text in norwegin translated to english is; "But do somthing then...!!!"
                Attached Files

Comment

The problem is this:

Mr. Arafat was, is, and will always be a terrorist playing at politics. His PLO used to be talked about in the same way that we now discuss Al-Qaida. But since going "respectable" he has tried to put all that behind him.

Problems:

1. His own people no longer trust him since he seems willing to "sell out".

2. The Israelis never have trusted him, since he blows stuff up for a living.

3. The other Arabs support him ONLY until he fails to take Israel away from the Jews... because they sure as hell don't want him (and the "Palestinians") in THEIR countries. That's why they're in Israel.

- Gurm
                  The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                  I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                  I would still get screwed

Comment

Hello all

Gurm, a question for ya..... in your point 3 you say:

The other Arabs support him ONLY until he fails to take Israel away from the Jews... because they sure as hell don't want him (and the "Palestinians") in THEIR countries. That's why they're in Israel.

is this not because the palestinians HAD a country.... but were displaced? of course these arab states wouldnt want the palestinians in their country..... americans dont want mexicans in theirs!!!

point 1 & 2 are true enough, but you got to ask the question: what would be beter in that country - Arafat or some Hammas backed leader? If the machinery of 'state' are dismantled (and why would the israeli army bulldoze the gaza airport today unless this was the case?) what else can israel expect than more suicide bombers?

Israel was on a pogom for the past 5 weeks, with assinations (15 (including 5 schoolgirls)) , bombings (20+ including gunship attacks, rocket and tank rounds) occupation and seiges ... what do you expect these militants to do?

sadly
                    redred
                    Last edited by RedRed; 5 December 2001, 13:48.
                    Dont just swallow the blue pill.

Comment

Give (not sell!) both the Palestinians and the Isrealis ALL of the weapons they need to exterminate each other. Once they've succeeded, humanity in general will be improved.

Kevin

Comment

Working...
                      X