(GL)Quake on XP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (GL)Quake on XP

Has anybody tried this? I can´t run it at all... I´ve already checked out http://www.xpsc.net/ to no avail.

that's odd since it runs very well in Win2k (though the Matrox OpenGL drivers don't particularly like this game)

Comment

Deleted opengl32.dll in the Quake folder and config.cfg, and presto!

But... the game chokes from 5 to 5 seconds, both sound and image. Anyone?

Comment

you've got to disable dynamic lighting otherwise performance will choke with the Matrox OpenGL drivers.. forgot the exact command, but a search on murc will do wonders

Comment

I think you have to set gl_flashblend 0 and r_dynamic 0 to disable dynamic lighting. If you use r_dynamic 0, gl_flashblend 1 will create the colored ball of light around all light sources.
          Last edited by Liquid Snake; 2 December 2001, 19:46.

Comment

Chucks handy autoexec.cfg for the g400
            ----------------------------------------------------
            m_filter 1
            +mlook
            r_wateralpha 0.3
            r_dynamic 0
            gl_flashblend 1
            ----------------------------------------------------
            chuck
            Chuck
            秋音的爸爸

Comment

Can someone give me a link to the file, it was a loooong time ago i played quake...

Comment

Crazy coincidense??

I actualy myself tried to run GLquake yesterday and had to delete the g400 openglwrapper to make it work...

Thats how long it was cinse I last played that game....
                If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Novdid, look for it in Fileplanet.com, under the Quake category.

Comment

I Still play Quake III olmost every day, and it seems to work fine with WinXP, saying that it is still not as fluent as in win 98. Its a bit choppy i don't know how to explain.
                    Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe (nForce2)>>AMD 2500+@ 3200+ (Barton)>>1.5 GB Ram (PC400)>>Leadtek GF 6800 12x6(385/850)>>Western Digital 120GB (WD1200JB) & Fujitsu 20Gb(MPF3204AT)>>Cambridge Audio azur 540A>>Razer Viper(Mouse)>>V7 V7S20PD 20.1 TFT Monitor>>NEC 3510A>>Lite-ON (40x10)>>Cherry CyMotion>>CanoScan N670U>>Epson Stylus Color 760>>Windows XP (SP2)

Comment

though quake (1) and quake3arena are completely different engines..

Comment

Oh sorry guys you were talking about Quake 1, . My apologies, hehe somehow it didn’t come to mind that you are talking about this game, it’s so old I wasn’t even born yet (in the computer world) when it was released
                        Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe (nForce2)>>AMD 2500+@ 3200+ (Barton)>>1.5 GB Ram (PC400)>>Leadtek GF 6800 12x6(385/850)>>Western Digital 120GB (WD1200JB) & Fujitsu 20Gb(MPF3204AT)>>Cambridge Audio azur 540A>>Razer Viper(Mouse)>>V7 V7S20PD 20.1 TFT Monitor>>NEC 3510A>>Lite-ON (40x10)>>Cherry CyMotion>>CanoScan N670U>>Epson Stylus Color 760>>Windows XP (SP2)

Comment

Originally posted by Kastuvas
                          Oh sorry guys you were talking about Quake 1, . My apologies, hehe somehow it didn’t come to mind that you are talking about this game, it’s so old I wasn’t even born yet (in the computer world) when it was released

So I guess that you haven't played DOOM either??
                          If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Or Commander Keen?
                            chuck
                            Chuck
                            秋音的爸爸

Comment

All the new generation are so concerned about graphics that they dont' understand how us older people can justify calling what they think is an awesome game crap just because its actual gameplay sucks.

They just don't understand where we are coming from..

LOL

I played Darklands for a year and a half straight before I uncovered the whole point to the game... LOL... hahah

I didn't even think that the son of satan had anything to do with it.. but that game kicked ass... I still have all ten floppies somewhere but the 10th one has a bad sector and screws up the install.

Oh well.. I have all the files here somewhere in a zip anyways...
                              Last edited by cbman; 4 December 2001, 16:33.
                              AMD Phenom 9650, 8GB, 4x1TB, 2x22 DVD-RW, 2x9600GT, 23.6' ASUS, Vista Ultimate
                              AMD X2 7750, 4GB, 1x1TB 2x500, 1x22 DVD-RW, 1x8500GT, 22" Acer, OS X 10.5.8
                              Acer 6930G, T6400, 4GB, 500GB, 16", Vista Premium
                              Lenovo Ideapad S10e, 2GB, 500GB, 10", OS X 10.5.8

Comment

Working...
                              X