Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• powerdesk changes sync_on_green into vga

Hi,

well this is no question about how to hook up a sync_on_green monitor to a pc , already have it going

BUT

im running win2k and a g200 with activated sync_on_green in bios.
    everything works fine with the g200 driver which comes with win2k, but when i install powerdesk, after a reboot i can see dos boot up - ok - but when windows shows up the driver seems to switch the card from sync_on_green to vga and voila the monitor syncs off!!
    i´ve already tried to change this in registry, but couldnt find anything.
    is there a possibilíty to change this? it would be really nice to have new drivers for my gfx card!

Thanks a lot!
    greetz
    Paul

Have you tried changing the sync polarity in the Display > Advanced > Monitor settings > Adjust current display (or other) mode? Make sure the Use simplified monitor controls is not checked ...
    Seth, are you ok? I`m peachy Kate. The world is my oyster. - Seth Gecko

Comment

Or use PowerStrip
      Seth, are you ok? I`m peachy Kate. The world is my oyster. - Seth Gecko

Comment

well i ve tried changing settings in powerdesk but its not like i do have a weird picture with the matrox drivers and do have problems setting the right vsync and hsync. my moni is multifrequency but talking sync_on_green, so with powerdesk installed when windows starts the moni goes into powersave mode and i have a black screen!
        i consider the matrox drivers forcing the card into vga again, even though ive programmed the sync_on_green into the bios of the gfx card.
        now i want to find out if there is a way to change this , so my card isnt forced into vga again!

sure i can use powerstrip and ive used it before with an old millenium which you couldnt program to send sync_on_green right from bios, but its like i would do things twice:

1 . program the card to talk sync_on_green
        2.mess everything up with powerdesk
        3.install powerstrip to strighten everything again

can you see?

problem with powestrip is it used to hang on bootup, so it costs me a lot of time to set things up again!

greetz paul

Comment

Working...
        X