Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP..Looking for G400 Pins!

Hi

help! i´ve managed to mess up my g400 bios while trying to update it. and of course i didnt save the pins...well. i ve already tried the recover.exe from matrox, but it says "invalid pins" .

ive tried to save the pins "after the disaster" with progbios -d>pins.txt but the pins dumped out look wrong to me.

i had a look at the matroXfiles page but the pin files listed there end with the g200.

so finally my question : can somebody send me a correct pin file?

thats written on my card:

G4+MA16G
    MK04590
    304.05 11013

THANKS!!!
    greetz
    paul

There are 2 tables, scroll down a bit for the Pins for G400
    Seth, are you ok? I`m peachy Kate. The world is my oyster. - Seth Gecko

Comment

thanks but in this table there aren`t any values like

0 2 0x412E ; "PIN"
      2 1 0x80 ; Struct length
      3 1 0xFF ;
      4 2 0x0401 ;
      6 2 0xCB2E ;

so it doesnt help me! i guess its just an explanation what pin is what for.

well anyway ive already found a pin file for the g400 on the www and the card is working again.

greetz paul

Comment

Where do you found that PIN file?

THX!
        ATHLON XP 2600; Abit KX7-333Raid; 1GB SDRAM DDR PC-3200 Corsair XMS; Matrox Parhelia AGP 256; HITACHI 7K250 250GB; HITACHI 120GXP 120GB; HITACHI 120GXP 60GB; Sound Blaster Audigy 2; Plextor DVDRW PX-716A; Plextor CDRW Premium

Comment

well found it on some japanese website, it wasnt the right file (mine is 304) but i ve only checked the pins, found the wrong one and programmed the bios , ive had some probs first cause the card used to froze ?? but after
          another try it works.

for what card do you need the pins ,maybe i can help you out?

greetz paul

Comment

Matrox G400MAX 0403!

Mine works fine! I want only to have PINS backup!
            ATHLON XP 2600; Abit KX7-333Raid; 1GB SDRAM DDR PC-3200 Corsair XMS; Matrox Parhelia AGP 256; HITACHI 7K250 250GB; HITACHI 120GXP 120GB; HITACHI 120GXP 60GB; Sound Blaster Audigy 2; Plextor DVDRW PX-716A; Plextor CDRW Premium

Comment

So use the bios prog utility to dump your existing (working) pins on file.

Comment

right

progbios -d >pins.txt

greetz
                paul

Comment

I know that syntax! Unfortunatly i have modified the PINS structure for overclocking the card without any backup (what a stupid *** ) ! As i said, it works fine, but i would like to have the original PINS dump!

rokakku, can you post the web page where you have found the dump?

Comment

If you post your problem in the Matrox Tech Support forums, I'm sure they will send you the PINs you need, or RMA the card if that doesn't work...
                    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

nope
                      the problem is i ve installed mandrake 2 days ago and forgot to take my bookmars with me..well but i could give you the file itself ( ive saved tem !) if you would tell me the revision number of your max card, if the numbers dont match use it at your own risk
                      would be nice if i could get your pin dump, iv decided to make a litte library , just in case i need them in future

greetz paul

Comment

I think i ll follow Kruzin's advice, so now i m going to post a request on Matrox tech support forum.

Also i would like to have your PIN file. Send me it at venturer@tiscalinet.it

Oh, the revision of my MAX is 403

THXXXXXXXXXXX!
                        Last edited by Venturer; 4 December 2001, 07:05.

Comment

Working...
                        X