X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opera 6 works with forums

Ant,

Just to let you know :
    the forums still don't work as they should when using Opera 5.12, but after upgrading to Opera 6.0 (build 1010) I can access the forums (fori ? ) properly.

Now I won't be able to test the forums using Opera 5.12, as I performed an upgrade...

(Thanks to Keifront for posting that Opera 6 was available )

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

I have also started using Opera 6 and noticed an improvement with the forums, ie I can actually view them but it still tries to reload the same page at least twice and have had it get stuck in the load/reload loop every once in a while.

Oddly enough the Dilbert comic site does the same thing to me.

HP

Comment

Strange...

I have no problems with the forums, yet the Dilbert comic site does behave strange : it loads partially, flashes, loads again partially, flashes, and then loads completely... I can then browse the site without problems...

Quick preferences :
      no popups, everything else enabled, browser identifies as Opera

Jörg
      pixar

Comment

I changed my settings to identify as Opera and it seems to behave better, but not as good as it used to. I have been checking the forums at Rage3D and they seem to function just fine with both versions of Opera not sure what type of BBS system they are using, I code VHDL for a living so my experience with C/Java/VB etc. is very limited.

On the Dilbert thing I have noticed sometimes it used to go into a repetive loop and never load properly, but if I went to another comic at the same site and came back everything worked fine... wierd

HP

Comment

Yes, I had similar problems with 5.12, and it is really unpredictable... One time it works, another time it doesn't...

Have you tried deleting cookies, ... ?

Jörg
          pixar

Comment

Removing the old 5.12 cookies seems to have helped. Thanks

Comment

Phew, I was starting to loose fate in the fastest browser on earth !

Jörg
              pixar

Comment

Working...
              X