No stereo audio from Marvel G400-TV tuner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No stereo audio from Marvel G400-TV tuner

Selecting "Stereo" for TV Audio in VCR/TV Settings doesn't produce stereo output. The mode is always "Mono" whether "Mono" or "Stereo" is selected. However, selecting "Secondary Language" would put the tuner into that mode.

What am I doing wrong? Is there something else that I need to do to get stereo tuner output?

TIA,
    Wilbur

Hi,

Could you list your machine specs as well as your source type (coaxial TV, s-video camcorder, etc.) and your audio connections. That would help give a better mental picture for readers.

Comment

No Stereo with G400TV, too

Hi there!

These is exactly the problem I've got too.

I'm working with G400TV running Windows 98 SE with DirectX 7.

Motherboard is Biostar M7VIB, 256 MB RAM and lot's of other stuff inside (Firewire, 3C905 TX, Adaptec 2940 & AVM Fritz PCI ISDN-Controller.

First of all:
      Everything worked fine when I used the drivers I downloaded for my old MoBo-Installation half a year ago (of course, I used a "fresh" OS installation for the new Board).

Last month I reinstalled my Computer for other reasons (new HDD) using the latest video drivers & video tools. Nothing other was changed at the Hardware (same slots for the PC-Cards, same IRQ's ect...)

The symtoms are exactly the same: All OK, but only mono sound from the G400-tuner.

Might there a bug sitting on the second channel in the "final release" drivers Unfortunately I don't know, what Release I used before - fdisk is really a great tool

Comment

The problem I described was strictly for the tuner - coax in from antenna. I am using Marvel G400-TV with latest Win98 drivers.

I noticed someone else posted the same problem under Win2K in the Matrox support forum and have added my observations there. We will just have to wait.

Wilbur

Comment

Please go to "http://forum.matrox.com/mgaforum/Forum11/HTML/004670.html" for all the details regarding this problem.

The bottom line is that the MSP3430 sound processor is set up to behave this way: you get stereo broadcast if there is no SAP; otherwise you get mono main on the left channel and SAP content on the right channel. So, if you are in the US, like me, where practically all stations broadcast with SAP, you will not get stereo!

Does anyone know how to change the "MSP Standard Code" for the MSP3430 from 21H to 20H? Hacks, utilities?

Thanks,
          Wilbur

Comment

Working...
          X