Its SNOWING!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its SNOWING!!!!

Wohooo! We don't get that much snow here. Its not sticking yet, but its on its way, I hope
    AMD XP2100+, 512megs DDR333, ATI Radeon 8500, some other stuff.

That's cool, we got freezing rain this morning, man I'm glad my car was protected, most others had half a centimeter (quarter inch) of ice all around.
    Titanium is the new bling!
    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Just cold and overcast in KC. Hopefully we'll have some snow in a week or two.

Jammrock
      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

It only snowed 3 times during the course of my life here in Braga - Portugal. However, it snows often in a mountain 200Km from here.

Comment

Dang, so you don't get slippery and/or snow blocked streets and damn cold weather and an increase in car crash rates then? That's a shame Okay, so maybe I'm just so used to snow that I can't appreciate it anymore... First snow is always nice, but when it doesn't stop for months you kinda wish it went away. We're only living the beginning of the winter here in southern Finland, so by now we've only got like ~5 inches of the stuff...
          Edit: Oh yeah and snow has the habit of melting now and then. First it gets damn slippery and then the world gets all grey and ugly and sloshy with half-molten snow.
          Last edited by Tempest; 29 November 2001, 16:05.

Comment

i want snow

i also want somebody to make it stop raining.. Stop Raining Ffs!!!

ok 4 days. and it still hasn't stopped. i'm over it.

i would say make it snow so i don't have to go to work.. but now i live 1/2 a mile from my job.. so thats out.

Once i got snowed in @ work.. ugh that was awful. it snowed so bad i was stuck in a hotel by my job for 2 full weeks, and at the time i was a manager for Pizza Slut.. but the plus side of that was all we did all day was play cards and by night we all drank til we passed out.. oh what a fun time that was.
            www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Arg, snow.

Personally, when your winter season lasts for 6 months I think you come to appreaciate the warmer seasons. When I was living in this remote town in Quebec we once got like half a foot of snow in April!!! (my memory is a bit hazy on the date, I was only 5 years old)

When I was in Alberta, I think we had snow in July. But in Alberta we would get 3-4 feet of snow over night, which was normal. It's fun when your a kid, or when you have a 4x4 car or truck and/or a snowboard but other wise it kinda sucks.
              Titanium is the new bling!
              (you heard from me first!)

Comment

No snow here

Just rain

Same old same old
                Chris Blake

Comment

No snow here yet. Mostly light rain the past couple of days.

Comment

Snowed here about two weeks ago, but only a dusting.

Still, I did get shoved out the door by the wife to tune up the snowblower (26", 8.5 horse)

Dr. Mordrid
                    Dr. Mordrid
                    ----------------------------
                    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Let it snow .. Let it snow.. Let it snow..

It stopped raining!!! whoo-hoo

the best thing to do on the first snow is get some hot coffee, cuddle up on the coach and watch "A Charlie Brown Christmas"
                      www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Or........ build snow men.. hahaha.. and women.
                        Attached Files
                        www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

I was just joking with Kindness about this yesterday (he's in Texas, and I just moved from the VA peninsula [coast] to the Chicago area). I was looking forward to seeing real snow in winter for the first time in over ten years when I accepted the assignment to this area, since I'm from the Appalachian mountains of WV (where it snows an average of 36" total every winter, minimum), and since the part of VA I was in seems to NEVER get real snow. Down there it's COLD until a storm front approaches, then it warms enough to rain and dry up, then gets cold again.

So anyway, what happened with this last weather system, parts of TEXAS get snow, while us northerners got rain. I told Kindness they'd better not give me orders to Alaska for next year, or the world's average sea-level will rise by two feet!
                          "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
                          Gainward Ti4600
                          AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

well, we got some more today, but it did not stick again and is all gone. But they were the biggest, thickest flakes I have ever seen! Great stuff, but its gone.
                            AMD XP2100+, 512megs DDR333, ATI Radeon 8500, some other stuff.

Comment

PARTS of Texas got snow.....other parts just got ice.

b
                              Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow? But why put off until tomorrow what you can put off altogether?

Comment

Working...
                              X