Games on the TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Games on the TV

I have a G550 dual head plugged into a montior and a tv. The monitor is plugged into the DVI through an adapter and the TV is plugged into the 15pin through an AV Video out cable.

I can use the TV to view Windows XP and all that goes with it (ie windows media player, dvd player, internet etc) but cannot run games (ie anything by EASports, Star Wars Battlegrounds, Alien Vs Predator 2 etc.). It gives an error message along the line of "graphics failed to initialise" or something to that effect. If I unplug my TV and then plug two monitors into the matrox card I can run the games and play with a cloned monitor.. just not the tv.... ????

Is there a simple guide or can someone outline the steps to take to make such a thing work? Basically Ive been trying to use the tv as a "clone" and just have the monitor and the tv output the same thing in the hope that I can play all my games on the 68cm tv that sits in front of a big comfy couch.

Thanks in advance for any opinions or solutions.

PS: this is my first post!

System:
    Athlon 1.44
    512mb ram
    g550
    audiowerk and vibra soundcards
    2x 20gig Quantum HDD
    Win XP

oh, and the tv is brand spank-me-new LG 68cm TV (PAL).

re

anyone? anyone? ....anyone? (said in ferris bueller's teacher's voice)

Comment

It should work, as long as the game resolution is set low enough for the TV to handle. Try running at 800x600 or 640x480 in clone mode.
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

re

Thanks for yer reply.. i'll try it out shortly

Comment

Working...
        X