X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Bulletproof FTP 2.15

Okay guys,

Here's a real challenge for the professionals

We are trying to set up an FTP server on our client PC, using Bulletproof FTP server 2.15 and DNS2Go. It has to burn through the Winroute 4.1 Pro firewall on the server.

I've tried using the WRP manual and set up ports 20, 21 and 80 on the Outgoing Packet Filter for both the server IP address and the client's internal network address... no go.

I've tried to set the ports on the Incoming Packet Filter for both the server IP and the client's internal network address... no go.

I've tried doing portmappings to all ports and setting Incoming and Outgoing Packet Filters... no go.

Inbetween all combinations (around 24 now) we have not been able to get the ftp server to work from the client PC. We just can't reach it.

So I think I would like some help

Has anyone tried this on a Win98/WinME based PC with a network, and succeeded? Do we need to get rid of DNS2Go? Did I miss something in the network settings somewhere?

We are using a 1Mbit ADSL connection, with no restrictions/limits, 2 network cards in the server (internal network and internet) and not much else.

Jord.
    Last edited by Jorden; 28 November 2001, 20:39.
    Jordâ„¢

Ok, I don't know bulletproof ftp but i'm used to winroute pro and dns2go.

1) can you from the firewall pc connect to the ftp server via its internal IP address?
    If no, sort bulletproof first.

2) Is Dns2go up and running correctly?
    If not don't forget to open the dns2go port

I used to port map directly to the linux box which was behind a win2k server, not a problem. for testing make sure your securtity logging is turned on and see if it is blocking the port (just in case)

4) are you access the ftp server from an outside pc (ie somewhere else on the net) or are you testing from your internal network?

if you are testing the url name from within your network the url name won't work unless you make records for that url name in your dns server (if you have one) or it needs to go in your hosts file. from outside this isn't a problem and dns2go will direct people to your ip and the firewall will forward them to the correct pc

Hope this helps

Dan
    Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

I think you helped us on the way, Dan

Will let you know later today.

Jord.
      Jordâ„¢

Comment

issues resolved.....firewall blocking ftp contact......ports opened and all is working!

-Dil
        Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

Thanks Al, for being our guinea pig

Jord&Holly.
          Jordâ„¢

Comment

Working...
          X