Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RRICM.DLL error in MSP6

Hi, all!

I know this isn't an MSP forum, but you guys are so knowledgeable. I'm doing my first project in MSP6 and am frustrated by recurrent "invalid page faults" in RRICM.DLL during previewing or creating video file. I did not get this in 5.2.

I captured OK at 704 x 576 25 fps from composite input via Marvel G200, in 1-2 minute sequences of clips, using MSP. During capturing, I noticed a slight difference from 5.2: when the camera was stopped and restarted, it dropped, fairly systematically, 3 frames (in 5.2, it occasionally dropped a single frame at these points). This is not in the least serious, as each shot is longer than needed and I always edit out the camera transitions, anyway, because there is always one frame with stripes of the preceding and following shots.

When editing, no problems except that I get this fault when rendering a shot, always in the middle of a sequence and always at the same places. This happens in both frame and field A modes. Careful examination of the frames immediately before and after the fault reveal nothing abnormal, that I can see.

Search here using the dll type has revealed nothing.

Has anyone a clue?

------------------
    Brian (the terrible)

Brian (the devil incarnate)

Hi Brian,

I had a similar problem in MSP 6.0 during beta testing. I was working on a project where I was using some old clips that were captured using my old Rainbow Runner Studio, along with some new clips captured using my Marvel G-200. Of course, the RRS captured clips are Field Order A and the Marvel G-200 captured clips are Field Order B.

I had done similar projects before in MSP 5.2 without any problems. However, in MSP 6.0, whenever it got to trying to render my old RRS clips, I got the Invalid Page Fault in RRICM.DLL like you're getting.

Eventually, I found that if I changed the Field Options for the RRS clips to indicate that they were Field Order A, then it stopped crashing.

Now, I notice you mentioned that you were trying to use Field Order A with your Marvel G-200, even though the Marvel captures in Field Order B. I would guess that trying to render in Field Order A, with clips captured in Field Order B might cause the same problem that I had when trying to render Field Order A clips in Field Order B...

Rick

<a href="http://www.Hogans-Systems.com">Hogans-Systems.com</a>
    http://www.Hogans-Systems.com

Comment

Thanks, Rick

I'll try playing around with the settings.

------------------
      Brian (the terrible)

Comment

Re-hi!

Have now had time to re-try a number of things. It makes no difference whether the field order is A, B or Frame. As RRICM.DLL seems to be a Matrox gizmo, I disinstalled all the old Matrox stuff and updated to the latest - no difference.

I e-mailed Ulead and was very surprised to get an answer back within an hour. They suggested adding

[HardwareAcc]
        NotSaveOpenDML=1

[Playback]
        RenderAudio=1

to ulead32.ini: no difference (although I was impressed at their prompt reply).

So I'm still stuck...

------------------
        Brian (the terrible)

Comment

Just a little idea: for a while, I tried the Morgan codec by substituting the Matrox MJPEG codec, with the FourCC setting to dmb1 (I mean in Morgan)
          Later, back to Matrox codec the MSP6 totally crashed with the Morgan dmb1 codec with the error message pointing to the RRIcm.dll.
          It was a dumb experiment of mine Don't do so.

[This message has been edited by Fred H (edited 14 April 2000).]
          It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings...
          ------------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
          X