Weekly Whiner Award

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekly Whiner Award

I don't know how many of you keep up on Matrox's tech support forums, but I check them a couple times a day, just to keep up to date on the latest issues.

I read many threads, some with valid complaints, some with idiotic rants. Often, I come across a thread that is exceptionally ignorant, and the pure content of the thread makes me giggle.

I, therefore, suggest a weekly award be given to the lamest/whineyest/Darwinest poster on the MTSF (Matrox Tech Support Forums).

My first weekly award goes to the following thread:

If you have other nominees in the weeks to come, post them here, and I will review and award a weekly public embarrassment.

(thanks to Rags for the trophie )

Last edited by Kruzin; 17 December 2001, 20:39.
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!
    "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Hey.. I have a Millennium II and it is very obviously 3D. It has width, depth, and height. This goes for even the original Hercules monochrome video card. Hey, my mouse is 3D too.. I don't get all pissy because my mouse won't run Tribes 2 at 50fps. Some people...

Comment

Awwwww

It only took one of the Matrox mods <5 hrs to close down the thread after my presentation of the award (after hours I might add)

But don't fret...there will be more to come
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Hee that sure made me chuckle, keep bringing 'em on

Comment

Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

HAHAHA, HIHIHI, HOHOHO!!!

What an idiot. He probably bought it for $30 and thought, what idiots we are that buy cards for >$150...What an idiot

Comment

They closed the thread, but I notice they didn't delete the posting of the "Award".
                I bet you made some ones day Kruzin.
                chuck
                Chuck
                秋音的爸爸

Comment

Lol ... stupid ...

BTW Impact, nice find
                  Seth, are you ok? I`m peachy Kate. The world is my oyster. - Seth Gecko

Comment

As the old saying goes 'You can't argue with stupidity' but I'll give it a damn good try
                    When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

Hmm actually I think this guy is right, inspired by this thread I just installed my 8MB Millennium II and the damn thing won't run Quake 3!! The box states clearly it is a powerful 3D accelerator! I see a class action coming on, who wants to sign up?

Comment

TdB

my old matrox mystique with 4mb ram can actually accelerate directx6 games and it is older than the mill2pci (iirc)

i have tried it with the following games:

jedi knight

rollcage

darkstone

it is slow and ugly, but it really works.

how is the mill2pci compared to the mystique in 3d???
                        This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

The Millennium is a high-performance graphics card that plugs into a PCI expansion slot inside your personal computer. Matrox’s 64-bit graphics engine gives you superior performance for Windows, 3D, digital video and DOS programs. You can also upgrade your Millennium card with more RAM or multimedia hardware add-ons.
                          The Matrox Millennium is 100% VGA compatible and supports all VESA standards.
                          It says superior performance for 3D. I'm gonna sue.

Comment

...and what's this shXt about the 386sx not being the Fastest processing speed available today!?!

jim
                            System 1:
                            AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
                            Epox 8K7A
                            2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
                            an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
                            SBLIVE 5.1
                            Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
                            IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
                            Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
                            3Com Hardware Modem
                            Teac 20/10/40 burner
                            Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

What? The 386 isnt the fastest CPU? Damn ... i was saving cash to buy that one ... damn you Intel ... damn you !!!
                              Seth, are you ok? I`m peachy Kate. The world is my oyster. - Seth Gecko

Comment

Working...
                              X