Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winxp locks in login with matrox g400 sh

Hi there,
    I've had this problem when I upgraded to winme.
    Installing the agp drivers helped back then, now I can't install the 4in1 (i have a via chipset) because it only installs the inf file.
    Every time i startup the system hang and restarts as soon as i get to the login screen. I tried every thing from bios update to forcing agp1x nothing helped.

I am currently running the system with the matrox dissabled.
    When i enable it the system hang after a few seconds and reboots. Please help, with the card dissabled I cant run games ets.
    my system:

ibm 300gl pent3 533
    256 mbram
    winxp build 2600
    via chipset

Welcome to MURC.

Did you upgrade to winXP, or do a clean install of XP?
    If you just upgraded an older OS, I would suggest backing up needed files, and doing a full reinstall of the OS, and all drivers (format c:, and start from scratch). Start with the mobo drivers before any other drivers. Upgrading any older MS OS to a newer OS has always been problematic. You are always better off with a clean install.

If it was a clean inatall, you could try fully uninstalling the Matrox drivers, using the uninstall utility (http://www.murc.ws/cgi-bin/dl.cgi?si...pd_unin201.exe), reseting to a standard VGA driver, and reloading the latest Matrox drivers (http://matrox.com/mga/support/drivers/latest/home.cfm)
    Last edited by Kruzin; 27 November 2001, 21:16.
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

They have recently released a newer AGP driver that supports XP, if you think it might help, give it a try: ftp://downloads.viaarena.com/drivers/others/VAGP410.zip

Are you sure that your AGP forcing worked? The old Matrox Tweak utility wasn't able to force AGP speeds correctly, and a new one has been release just a few days back, as stated on the MURC front page.

Comment

With the above agp drivers installed the system seems to stabalize, until i change thange the resulotion (or it is changed by a game) the system then hangs. I think this points us in the right direction.
        also the standard winxp drivers state that the card is located in pci .. whilst the card is agp.
        I tried to install the latest matrox drivers in the xp column but the system returns to its usuall login freeze.
        I have taken into considderation to remove the older drivers.
        I'd also like to know how to disable the hardware wizzard that start on startup and automaticly install the standard mg400 drivers.(cant interupt it if its started)

Comment

Working...
        X