Virtual Dub questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virtual Dub questions

I have done some experimenting with Virtual Dub and I'm having problems. I'm trying to perform two filters (resize and deinterlace) to get an avi file (from a DV Raptor) into SVCD size.

Problem #1--When I go to save the file, I get an error box that says "AudioStreamSource Error: file read error (8004406d)"

Problem #2--So I turn off the audio completely and tell it to save. It chugs along and then completes the task. No problem, except I take a look at the file size and my 2.5 minute, 500MB clip has now become a 3.3GB monster!! WTF? Is that normal?

Are there any other alternatives to Virtual Dub for resizing and deinterlacing? I may just stick with bbMPEG at this rate.

I have been using the VirtualDub with very good results doing just the thing you're trying. It seems that: 1. your AVI file is corrupt (or misunderstood). 2. The output CODEC is not compressing.

This works very fine for me now:
    Capture with AVI_IO to 704x576 (MatroxMJPEG)(PAL).
    Running the AVI's through VitualDub using, first the DEINTERLACE and then RESIZE (480x576) with Morgan CODEC at 85% comp.
    Cut and edit the AVI's in Premiere.
    Export through Panasonic with Video bitrate at 2872 and audio at 128 (total 3000).
    I then use NERO to create a VCD (it complaints, but keep going).
    The burnt disk plays beautiful on the AVPhile 715. I've been capturing from my HI-8 with pictures a little bit shaky, that why I choose the higher bitrate. On a more stable film it can probably be lowered. This gives at least 35 minutes worth of film on a 74min disk.

Comment

Working...
    X