Outlook 2002

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook 2002

Is there a setting that prevents attachments of a certain size from being download. I've looked under accounts and advanced but I can't find the setting.
    The attachment is a zip file which is permitted but outlook doesn't attempt to download it.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Bump
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Tools > Options > Mail Setup > Send/Receive > Edit
      Tick "Download only item description for items larger than __KB."

BTW, did you know you can minimize Outlook to the <a href="http://www.windows2000faq.com/Articles/Index.cfm?ArticleID=22494">systray</a>?

Comment

re: MinToTray

Nice!
        Would that work on other apps?
        The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Why can't they put all the settings under the same place like mail accounts. Dumb asses.
          Well the only setting and this isn't set says only load items bigger than 50k. The only thing I can think off is that this refers to main body of the mail which was blank and was therefore less than 50k. Otherwise it should have download.
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

hmm.... when i minimise Outlook to the system tray i get an anoying popup to tell me everytime it's checking for mail.
            I can't seem to get rid of it.
            The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

If you go to tools you'll see an option to tell it to every X seconds. Either increase the time period or tell it not ot bother and do the check yourself.
              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I need it to check every four mins to keep my connection alive. If Outlook is in the taskbar, then I can tell it to hide the 'checking mail status' popup. When it is in the system tray, the popup can't be hidden

Comment

Re: re: MinToTray

Originally posted by Paddy [MU]
                  Nice! Would that work on other apps?
                  No. For other apps you'd need something like <a href="http://www.toggle.com/products/minimize/">ToggleMinimize</a>.

On the popup, try ticking "Don't show this box during send/receive."
                  You may have to click the "Details" button first.

Comment

On the popup, try ticking "Don't show this box during send/receive."
                    Sorry, my previous post wasn't verry clear. I have checked this box, but it only seems to work if Outlook is in the taskbar. As soon as i minimise it to the system tray I get pop-ups every 4mins

Comment

Working...
                    X