No announcement yet.

Has anyone else given up on their RR-G?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone else given up on their RR-G?

I just can't use my RR-G for reliable capture anymore. In MJPEG, the resulting AVI will flash rainbow then go black and white, then flash rainbow and go back to color.

Half the time I can't even get a signal, - through RF, SVideo or Composite- (Just blue and purple squigglies) and though i've wrestled an RMA twice out of Matrox (No advance replacement -of course-, i've had to use the thing during those RMA windows), they still deny that it's even possible for this to occur. (Must be my cabling - um, no. it isn't.)

Can anyone help me here? I've been 'round here for a while to the point where i'm usually giving help not begging for it... but at this point i'm pulling my hair out.

------------------
    Ami Y. Koriuchi - foxyviolet@hotmail.com
    Asus P3BF 1003.A - P3-500 - G400Max
    256MB 6NS - 75 GB of 10k RPM SCSI UW

Hello... my name is ami. and this is my signature.

Ami Y. Koriuchi - MY EMAIL IS DEAD

SYSTEM1
    Asus K7V266 - Athlon XP 1800+ - GeForce 4 TI 4600 128MB -
    1024 MB PC2100 DDR -
    200 GB UDMA100 7200 RPM - 60GB LVD 160 10K RPM

SYSTEM2
    Asus A7V133 - Athlon 1.4 - G400Max
    768MB PC133 - 75 GB of 10k RPM SCSI UW

HI SOMETiMES I GO AWAY FOR LONG TIME AND COME BACK YEARS LATER HI!

Hi Ami,

I have the same problems. Set your desktop to 800x600x16bits when you are capturing. It's annoying, but it's the only way to get it to work for me.

Good luck.

Coolfish

Comment

Ami,

Has it ever worked ? (re: "...capture anymore...")

As far as I can remember, Asus has already released 1005 bios for your motherboard, it's worth a try.

What else do you have in your system ?

Which versions of OS, DX, DX Media, Media Tools, ASPI, IE, QT, ETC... are you using ?

Pertti

Comment

Well, I'd go and say DX 7, I forget what version of the ASPI layer, and yeah I know - i should update my bios...

But the reason I didn't really focus on that is, the card's done the same thing across three motherboards so far and many different versions of QT, DX, etc.I heard some talk a while back about bad capacitors, and the thing's so far out of warranty now I don't think I can do much more than just buy a new one...

but I kinda have a feeling that Matrox should at least do something here. It's been having these problems since day one, but theyr'e so intermittent and I haven't been able to figure out exactly what causes them, so I guess matrox balks at my RMA requests.

I'll try that 800x600x16 fix mentioned before but I kinna have a feeling that isn't gonna do it, i think it's the hardware on the card...

Ami Y. Koriuchi - MY EMAIL IS DEAD

SYSTEM1
        Asus K7V266 - Athlon XP 1800+ - GeForce 4 TI 4600 128MB -
        1024 MB PC2100 DDR -
        200 GB UDMA100 7200 RPM - 60GB LVD 160 10K RPM

SYSTEM2
        Asus A7V133 - Athlon 1.4 - G400Max
        768MB PC133 - 75 GB of 10k RPM SCSI UW

HI SOMETiMES I GO AWAY FOR LONG TIME AND COME BACK YEARS LATER HI!

Comment

Working...
        X