Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to make your company look shi!

This is one huge thread.

The company has forgotten one basic principle the customer is always right.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

If I could drive, which I cant, lived in the US, which I dont and wanted to buy a VW then I would have to be barmy to put up with service provided by JE. I'm surprised that they have managed to stay in existence.

regards MD
    Interests include:
    Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

Almost reminds me of a dealer local to us.

A while back my son was driven off the road by a drunk. As a result his Dakota was ditched and needed a front end rebuild. The closest dealer was Century Dodge in Taylor Michigan.

They did the front clip and minor engine repairs OK, but when the vehicle was test driven it had a VERY BAD vibration at speed. Their solution: replace the front tires & rims. Not test them on a tire rack for balance...just swap 'em out and bill for the parts.

The next test drive it STILL vibrated. Their solution: let it sit for 4 weeks while shining us on about the status of the repairs. As if the problem would disappear by osmosis or something....

The next test drive it still vibrated. Their solution: replace the entirety of the steering gear (springs, A-arms, rack & pinion etc. etc.).

Finally the problem was found (with help from my shade-tree mechanics experience): water inside one of the rear tires.

When the car went into the ditch one rear tire rolled off the rim and let in some water. The tow truck driver apparently re-inflated the tire to do the tow.

NOBODY at the dealership thought to check the rear tires for the vibration problem. At least not before billing the insurance company an additional $7,000 in parts & labor over and above the original estimate.

IMHO when faced with a vibration the FIRST thing they should have done was to pull all the tires for a look & turn on the balance machine. THAT would have shown the problem immeditately.

The entire "repair" took over 4 months and they ended up billing $12,000 in repairs on a car my son had purchased for $14,000 just two months before.

Sheesh....

The insurance company is investigating their operation. We can only hope.

Dr. Mordrid
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I think they were trying to rip of the insurance company. Like you say the first thing you do is take the wheel off and check it's balancing. The water would have shown up striaght away.
        I used to a little work on my own cars, can't be arsed now. I still remember taking a car into a local garage to have new suspension struts put in anyway I decided to buy an uprated kit so the springs wanted altering as well. Well you've got to dismantle the front struts anyway so theres no problem there but the mechanic said it's hard changing the rears. He had too shut up when I pointed out that when you undo the rear struts the back axle drops down and you can pull the springs out by hand. I knew that becuase I'd done on my previous car which was the same make.
        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
        X