Nice set of headphones???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice set of headphones???

I'm looking for a nice set of Headphones to insure Domestic tranquillitly @ my house..since my Sub on my Klipsch speakers has a tendcy to wake up my old man while hes sleeping (works nights and sleeps till 12PM). My old man is gonna pay for them so I need suggestions on about $50 bucks or less for a set of headphones...any suggestions?

Scott
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

There have been a few Threads on this lately.

Paul
    "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Under $40 - Plantronics HS-1's are great, very inexpensive, lightweight and have a nice microphone...they do a fair job of reproducing bass, and are fairly impeccable with the highs and midrange.

My $0.02.
      Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

Have your old man give you the $50 and then go pick up the best pair of Sennheiser headphones you can afford. I've got the HD570's and they are great!

Jammrock
        “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
        –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

^ What he said.

Comment

Sennheiser cans here too.
            If you cant get them for you $50, try some Audio Technicia's.
            I had a pair of AT8-Hs (I think, definately had those letters in the name somewhere!) and I only recently upgraded to Sennheiser HD565s.
            Truth be told, the Audio Technicias were far better value, but then I got my Sennheiser's half price

(Edit - Said HD670's, meant HD565's. Dont ask me where I got 670 from!)
            Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

Hell I only paid $65 for my Senn 570's, and they are worth every penny. Working at Best Buy isn't all bad.

Comment

Go to www.head-fi.org and check the forums.
                Go to www.headphone.com and check up on prices. They've got a great 30 day return policy too.

Comment

Hey Rev. Maynard, which Best Buy you work at?

I know the one I work at sure as hell doesn't have Sennheisers.... (Culver City #179)

-Dimitri
                  "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
                  --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

Mine were about $90, but they Beyerdynamic DT231's are nice.
                    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I made the mistake of listening to the top of the line sennheisers tonight.

Everything else after that was just plainy crappy. I should have started from the bottom and worked my way up. At least I could have stopped at a more reasonable price level Those above were selling for $249 retail. They had a $70 pair but didn't catch the model number. They sounded pretty damn good to though. I think you should take your $50 and go buy the $70 pair.

Dave

Edit: I forgot to mention that the way the earpeices fit on my ears are the most important thing to me even over sound quality since for some reasons my ears hurt easily. The $70 pair didn't have as nice foam as they higher end models so I probably would have broken down for the $100 pair just for comfort.
                      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

I forgot to mention

www.headphone.com is where I got my cans from. They're worth a visit, even if you don't plan on buying from them. They listen to, and review, many many of the products they carry. They'll sometimes even say things like "We sell these for $100, but the Model X's from SoAndSo sound better and are $25 less."
                        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

KOSS. The company will give you life-long warranty and will replace your damaged headphones without much questions (just like ms does with their mice). Oh and they sound great, too.
                          Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

Sony MDR-V200's. Cost me around $50 and sound better than some $400 ones I tried. My brother went headphone hunting, and came back with the exact same pair (and we never compared notes).

Bart
                            Bart

Comment

Originally posted by impact
                              KOSS. The company will give you life-long warranty and will replace your damaged headphones without much questions ...
                              Is that right? I wonder if they'll fix my 30 year-old Pro 4AAs?
                              <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Working...
                              X