Problem with Castle Wolfenstein

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Castle Wolfenstein

I cannot get RTCW to run on my PC with a Matrox G400. I am running the 32MB single head version under WinXP using the most recent XP drivers (Oct 25th).

Every time I try to run the game, it will load up fine but when I go to play it, I get this error:

"R_LoadMDS: models/player/jack/body.mds Model has more than 4000 verts on a surface. 1851877492"

I have tried every possible combination of game settings and nothing works. I always get the same error.

My PC is an Athlon 750Mhz with 256MB Ram. Can anyone help??? Thanks!

Are you already in the game menu? Or is this whenever you press Play in the game?

Check around in your Game Options->System, set your resolution to 800x600, 32 bit, vertex, bilinear, everything else might be high and 32bit graphics.

If that doesn't work, go for the 16bit versions, or try to play everything at medium.

I don't know how good OpenGL implementation in the Matrox XP drivers is. Might be part of the problem. (BB's? Haig?)

Jord.
    Jordâ„¢

Comment

It's whenever I hit "Play". I get the OSA seal loadup screen and then the error. I also noticed that on other people's machines there is a picture of BJ Blazkowitz standing in the background of the single player menu. I don't have that either.

I have tried changing the resolution, nothing works. I've even tried it at 640x480 with nothing turned on, everything set to low and I still get the error.

Even if the G400 doesn't support full OpenGl, the game should still play. I mean come on, the G400 is listed on the box for Christ's sake

Comment

Working...
      X