Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radeon 8500 for £160

Guys check this http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/produ...duct_uid=29875

I didnt know that other manufacturers make new radeon cards, i would love to see a review on this card, I wonder if there is any differance between them, £160 squid sounds sweet.
    Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe (nForce2)>>AMD 2500+@ 3200+ (Barton)>>1.5 GB Ram (PC400)>>Leadtek GF 6800 12x6(385/850)>>Western Digital 120GB (WD1200JB) & Fujitsu 20Gb(MPF3204AT)>>Cambridge Audio azur 540A>>Razer Viper(Mouse)>>V7 V7S20PD 20.1 TFT Monitor>>NEC 3510A>>Lite-ON (40x10)>>Cherry CyMotion>>CanoScan N670U>>Epson Stylus Color 760>>Windows XP (SP2)

Here's a link to some reviews on alternate-Radeon cards http://www.digit-life.com/articles/anyr2002/index.html
    WinXP Pro/Win2K Pro
    Pentium 4 1.7 Abit TH7II-RAID
    HD (boot): Seagate Barracuda ATA IV 60GB
    HD (RAID-0): WD WD400BB 80GB (2x40GB)
    Kingston 256MB 800MHZ RDRAM
    ATI Radeon 8500 128MB
    Hauppauge Wintv #401
    Turtle Beach Santa Cruz

Comment

Re: Radeon 8500 for £160

Looked at the site and it sounds too good to be true. Shame about my motherboard (elite ks75a) being too unreliable otherwise I would consider buying one of these.
      Interests include:
      Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

Being the LE it is clocked 25MHz lower than the 8500. If it can be clocked back up to the OEM levels then I'm game! BTW stock levels are falling quick at that link!

mdhome - how come? I thought you were happy with your board now. Do you mean you really ought to spend the money on a better board?
        FT.

Comment

Tony
          I was attempting to play CS last night when my pc shut itself down. When it does this I have to take off the case cover , remove a small connector, wait 20 seconds, put the connector back on and then I should then be able to reboot the machine. There are some fundamental flaws with certain revisions of this board. Looks like I have that revison

regards MD
          Interests include:
          Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

I have a relative who solves his IT issues with money rather than knowledge. Hence an ABIT mobo (not sure which, but it is AMD/VIA and DDR) and a 1.2TB are coming my way shortly, so I guess I can stop looking at cheapo mobos.
            I'm now waiting for a raft of VIA flaming...beggars can't be choosers
            Just need to persuade the wife that despite a recent string of planned and unplanned expenses, and Christmas just around the corner, that a 8500/8500LE makes sense. Wish me luck!

T.
            FT.

Comment

A bit of digging and I found that you can replace the LE BIOS with the retail BIOS and have everything as per the full Retail version! The utility to do this takes some tracking down (ATI took exception to use of their flashrom program) but it can be found.

Tonight my order goes in, for delivery Thursday. I'm not jumping ship, just straddling two ships
              FT.

Comment

Look over at the rage3d forums. If you want to find info about ATI stuff, you will find it quite fast there.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks K - my 8500LE is on its way! Only 20 left instore this morning! Everyone grab em while you can.

Thanks N - I found what I needed to turn the 8500LE into a full blown retail package!

Those Super Grace boards are literally ATI boards with a different bios. What a bargain. And at £165, if M produce something next year (well, late next year) then I may be able to afford it too. Its amazing to think we are getting a board that has better specs than a GF3 Ti500 for a fraction of the price.

T.
                  FT.

Comment

Flashing BIOS 8500LE

Tony/K,

Thanks for the tips re Radeon 8500LE on e-buyer. This should make do until the G800 or whatever!!

I would be grateful for a link to the BIOS flashing prog if you could Cheers.

Comment

Hehe wow only 7 left somebody went on a shopping spree. Na i will save my penies for the All-In Wonder 8500DV, next year i will go to Uni and extra TV Features will come handy.
                      Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe (nForce2)>>AMD 2500+@ 3200+ (Barton)>>1.5 GB Ram (PC400)>>Leadtek GF 6800 12x6(385/850)>>Western Digital 120GB (WD1200JB) & Fujitsu 20Gb(MPF3204AT)>>Cambridge Audio azur 540A>>Razer Viper(Mouse)>>V7 V7S20PD 20.1 TFT Monitor>>NEC 3510A>>Lite-ON (40x10)>>Cherry CyMotion>>CanoScan N670U>>Epson Stylus Color 760>>Windows XP (SP2)

Comment

Working...
                      X