Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help please.

Hi

First i want to say what my computer is...
    P 3 750
    128sdram pc-133
    Asus motherboard
    30gig hdd @ 7200rpm

Now this is the problem....

I installed win2k pro with all updates. Then i installed..
    Matrox Power Desk v.6.28.061
    Video Tools v.2.00.012

I first had installed VTools v.2.04 but for some reason the record button and a bunch of other things were missing from it making it pointless so i had to install VTools v.2.00.012. The problem is, is that when i try to video capture off vcr or tv cable it drops frames every 2 seconds. I tryed defraging my hdd, runing scandisk,restarting win2k, and closing ALL running programs even teh hidden one's windows runs in the background. Is there a reason for this? is win2k not ment to have video capture options? is this a bug? Can someone tell me a way to fix this problem? thanks!

Viewsonic59@hotmail.com

You don't mention what video card you have, but I assume from your post it will be a RR/G200/G400 which does not have supported drivers for w2k. The final drivers have the capture/vcr features disabled. I beleive you can get RGB and YUV capture options working with other 3rd party apps. Personally I have been unable to succesfully get w2k working with my Marvel G200, at all, infact I cannot get w2k to last more than a few minutes!

Many others have however, and most with G400 have been able to get it working. There are patches and leaked drivers on this site. You will find links from the home page about the variuos drivers.
    Before you do much more I would suggest searching this forum about your video card and w2k drivers. There is a huge amount of correspondance, advice etc as it has been a "hot" topic.
    Read the experince and advice of others and if you still have no luck and your w2k build is stable, install win98se for capture and use the PIC or Morgan MJPEG software codecs for editing in w2k.
    Good luck.

Comment

i have marvel G400-tv i tried all the tweaks etc.. from this webpage and i still drop frames.

Comment

Is PD 6.28 really for W2K? Isn't it for Win98/ME?
        Correct me if I am wrong.
        Anyway, I am using PD 5.39 for W2K Pro SP2 in combination with VT 2.04 (Leaked) and they work fine. HW MJPEG is ok too, but I better capture with AVI_IO.

Fred H
        It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings...
        ------------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
        X