Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC10 plus or RR-G for simple capturing

Attention! this is a newbie question

Right now I have a Matrox 32MB dual that I'm using with Iplay Studio to output screen slides to videotape. I want to be able to capture simple video clips from a VHS or camcorder to include in these presentations.

Do I automatically go with the RR-G or should I look into the Pinnacle DC10 plus. I have a P2-450, 128 mb ram, and my HD's are 27GB and 18GB 5400rpm Maxtor's.

Also, with any of these cards, can I essentially have my output to TV as well as my dual monitor setup? 3 displays would be really nice but Im not sure if this can be achieved.

No respect for newbies I sware :P

*bump*

Comment

Hi Dengar

Well to be honest you can pick your own poison. These days the DC10 has come down in price enough to be competitive with the RR-G, but both have got benefits/drawbacks.

Most folk will tell you that the DC10 is much more difficult to get installed and running, but if you manage, it will give you a higher capture rate (if your HDs can take it). RR has always been an easier option but has it's datarate capped at just over 3Mb/s. However, it hasn't always sat happily with the G400, and we've seen many more complaints about the G-RR with G400's than with G200's

As usual, there isn't an ideal answer

Comment

Working...
      X