Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Return to Wolfenstein Castle: Is it up to your par?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Return to Wolfenstein Castle: Is it up to your par?

I've been playing it the past 8 hours, so CHHAS has some air in G@H for the moment

I like it, I play it on my P3-750 with 512Mb RAM, at 800x600x32 in OpenGL, using my G400 and the 6.71 drivers.

It's smooth as ... well... just frozen over water, not skated on yet ice

But I am probably not the only one playing it. There should be some Americans playing it already, and the Europeans (like me) playing it, will almost surely have the ISO (Like me)

So guys, tell me what you see. The only strange thing I saw was a moving texture on the right wall, whilst in the Church level, on the stairs up, where we have 2 of those really lovely looking girls shooting at us with brenguns

Damn, just look at the leaves moving on the trees in the cut-scenes. Never knew that was possible

Jord.
    Jordâ„¢

I'm planning to play it jordon I liked the two demo's a lot.
    Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
    Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
    Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

yea the demo seems great! Very smooth and fun. Lookin good. No time to play alot of it tho, Mech4 and Black Knight take up all my gaming time.
      AMD XP2100+, 512megs DDR333, ATI Radeon 8500, some other stuff.

Comment

What settings in systems do you recomend Jorden? I´ve P2 350, 512Mb ram, g400 max, os98se. I play it at 640*480 and it stutters a lot. I know p2 350 is not the fastest around , but maybe it could be a little better with some tweaking tips.

Comment

ID recommends 750MHZ-128MB ram, 32MB Video, but I've seen some people play it smoothly on a P3-450 in 800x600, on a Geforce2.

You need to make sure nothing runs in the background (downloads, g@h, Think, Seti, AV, anything ).

Maybe if you play it with 16bit graphics the pace will pick up? Disabling dualhead completely may also pick up the speed. New drivers?
          Really good would be a P3 CPU, so check if your mobo can take on a P3 CPU and change to that.

Not good advice, I know, but what else could I say?

Jord.
          Jordâ„¢

Comment

I have NT4.0SP6 at Asus P3B-F/P3-540 (120x4.5)/256/G450
            And wolfenstein is VERRRRY slow, about 15-20 fps. Depending on settings performance can vary 2-3 fps. For example, 640x480 shows 19 fps and 1152x864 shows 15 fps at the same place. Even when i run the ame at Voodoo1, it shows me almost the sme results.
            So, what's the problem? I see that cpu is not very fast for recomended configuratiun, but at the same time i have Q3 running preety good.

Comment

it's not so much the framerate I'm going to complain about. It's more the game itself.

- Nazis talking English with socalled 'German accent' ... boooh
              - Women in the SS ? LOL

otherwise it's a cool game.
              There are a lot of propaganda posters from different countries hanging on the walls... especially one Dutch poster

Comment

yes the game is not bad, but i agree, the atmosphere will be better if german laguage is used insted of english ...
                i was disappointed with the performance, i used recommended settings like 640x480 medium details, on celeron900, 256mb, g550 ... quake iii arena performed much better ....
                figliar

Comment

Just find another funny problem. At the level 3, when in tram, there are open place over the mountains. FPS is 0-1 here! =(((

Comment

Duke:
                    Users playing on machines using the Windows® NT/2000(SP2)/XP operating systems
                    that possess less than 600 megabytes (MB) of virtual memory may receive low
                    virtual memory warnings. To avoid these warnings, please make sure you set your
                    virtual memory settings to at least 600 megabytes (MB). In addition, the warning
                    occurs when switching video settings while in the game. If you are in a game and
                    you want to switch video settings, please exit to the main menu first and then
                    make the desired changes.
                    Maybe this will help you?

Jord.

Btw, do you use any latest drivers from Matrox?
                    Jordâ„¢

Comment

I've had the same problem, it showed up when I set my virtual memory size to 15 MB.... it disappeared when I set it to 100MB (no need to set it at large sizes like 600).

Comment

2 Jorden:
                        Yes, i always use the letest Matrox drivers.
                        Maybe increasing VM size will help me, i received Low VM message when switched from fullscreen to windowed mode in multipleer. The memory usage is about 150 mb of phisical and 200-250 of virtual memory on a system with 256 RAM and 384 pagefile. The level loads about 2 minutes, but after that there is not any HDD activity, so game don't use pagefile.
                        Actually i think that this is a problem either with gameengine or matrox driver or both. I'll try today that bottleneck place on a Voodoo Graphics, if it will slow as matrox, than there is a game problem, but not marox icd.

BTW: Very similar problem was in voodoo icd on a Q3 demo with flares on - 2-3 times slowdown. But now i tried different settings and variables and it doesn't help. It's very strange when you fps is equal with high textures & detail and with low ones.

Comment

How to count FPS with RTCW?

I'm running RTCW on my new Athlon XP 1700+ with 256 Mb DDR-RAM and my old trusty G400.

It's seems pretty smoth in 800*600 (details to MAX), but is there a way to run a timedemo in the complete version? It seems we can't record demos anymore. Is there a way to show FPS during play?

Regards,

Jake
                          Who is General Failiure and why is he reading my drive?
                          ----------------------
                          Powercolor Radeon 9700np, Asus A7N8X mobo bios ver. 1007UBER, AthlonXP2800+@3200+ (200 Mhz fsb, 2.2 Ghz) on TT Silent Storm, 2*256Mb Kingston HyperX PC3500 DDR-RAM, 19" Samsung 959NF monitor, Pioneer A04 DVD-RW, Two WD800 80 GB HDD's, IBM Deskstar 40 GB

Comment

2 Jake: Yes, there is a way just likr in Q3. Type "cg_drawfps 1" in console. (or "r_drawfps 1" - i don't remember the right one =)

Comment

Heh, hoping to get my hands on Radeon 8500 RETAIL soon, allready have ordered one, but ATI seems to have some problems delivering cards as fast as they sell them.

When i get it, i'll do a couple benchies with this game ( No point testing anyting on Q3 anymore )

Well guessing i have to stick with my trusty old G400MAX for a bit longer. I'll do couple runs with G400 too, so i know my money was well spent.

PeTe

Comment

Working...
                              X