Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

rear speakers alternative (pseude home-cinema)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear speakers alternative (pseude home-cinema)

Hello,

I recently upgraded my TV to a Philips widescreen (model 32PW9545). This particular model has Dolby Pro-Logic, but no rear speakers (just a mono-cinch output; original Dolby Pro-Logic has a mono rear channel).

Just to test the pro-logic advantages, I connected a mono-stereo-converter from this cinch to a micro-hifi system (JVC UX-T1) and set this up as I would setup rear speakers. Now it turns out that a lot of movies are broadcasted here in Belgium with Dolby Pro-Logic, so I would definitly like to set up rear speakers (this is why I called it pseudo home-cinema : no dvd source). As this JVC was previously used in another room (and I like to put it back there ), I need a different solution for rear speakers.

Basically, what I'm looking for are some amplified speakers (full range quality is less important, as pro-logic only requires a range from approx. 100-7000 Hz).

I have thought about powered PC-speakers (I do not intend to buy a full blown amp+speakers just for the rear channel), but I'm thinking these PC-speakers won't provide good enough quality...
    Can anyone comment on this ? (I'm now trying to find someone who has such speakers, in order to test the setup, but most people I know have the PC connected to a "real" amplifier ).

An alternative would be to purchase a set of wireless speakers. Philips makes them : Modelnummer: SBCBC8310 (there is a cheaper model SBCBC8210), using RF technology. I cannot give a direct link due to the layout of the Philips website... http://www.ce-europe.philips.com/prd/product_list.jsp Can anyone comment on the quality of these speakers ?

Other suggestions ?

Thanks !

Jörg
    Last edited by VJ; 23 November 2001, 03:53.
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)
Working...
X