Sometimes it's best to do it yourself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sometimes it's best to do it yourself

I've got a weather station that I've recently upgraded. Despite asking the suppliers (Twice) about the modified connection box I've got and whether it would work or not properly with the new unit. When it arrived one of the sensors wouldn't work.
    This was because the connections for the sensor had been broken to allow for the earlier modification. Since I had a unmodified spare connection box I sent this back to be modified so that the sensor would work with full details of the previous modification. I did this because I didn't want to blow my warrenty.
    The unit comes back modified with a letter saying fully tested. I plug it in and the same sensor doesn't work. I take it apart and look and low and behold the sensor isn't connected so I get the soldering iron out and do it myself. Now everything works correctly. Clearly they didn't test the unit.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Overclock it yet?

Comment

I like to check the TV or the net for weather reports....
      Primary system specs:
      Asus A7V266-E | AthlonXP 1700+ | Alpha Pal8045T | Radeon 8500 | 256mb Crucial DDR | Maxtor D740X 40gb | Ricoh 8/8/32 | Toshiba 16X DVD | 3Com 905C TX NIC | Hercules Fortissimo II | Antec SX635 | Win2k Pro

Comment

I've just got an interest in weather thats all. It's nice to know when people are talking bullshit like it's the hottest day on record for your area when it isn't. When Leeds Met office ring up and argue about how much rain you had in the violent storm last night. What storm? It's also a good guide when not to go out like when the winds are averaging 50mph gusting 80.
        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
        X