Lost ICQ list!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost ICQ list!

I have an old copy of my ICQ directory, but how do I get my old list back? When I tried to just copy and paste the whole directory, it didn't work.

If you guys don't know, do me a favor and just ICQ me if you were on my list. Thanks.

20443829 if you weren't on my list but wanted to be.... lol

-Dimitri
    "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
    --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

depends which version of icq you are running, for 2000a and 2000b there are db directories off the ICQ directory. I usually install icq, complete the registration process, shut it down then copy my old db files into the current db folder.

you may have to run the db converter as well if its a later version of icq or your files have become corrupt

Dan
    Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Yep, you'll probably need to convert/import those files if you upgraded your ICQ.
      Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

I was using ICQ 2000A or whatever that was called. The beta I think. I've been out of the loop with ICQ for the past year or two so I don't really remember which version it was.

-Dimitri
        "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
        --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

Hello Muad'Dib,

You can extract the list with <a href="http://www.headstrong.de/">ICQr Information</a>.

<a href="http://miranda-icq.sourceforge.net/">MirandaICQ</a> will also import your contacts. (<a href="http://miranda-icq.sourceforge.net/images/screenshot_main.gif">screenshot</a>)

Comment

Feckin SOB!

I've tried to use the DB Converter thing like 25 times now and every time I do that (copy old files over new), I get a damn memory error and then it tells me my files are locked - I am to shut down ICQ and try it again with it closed. The main problem is that I haven't opened ICQ so why the hell is it doing this?????? :|:|:|:|:|

This is really starting to piss me off.
            --- Albert Einstein

Comment

Do what I do.

Install the New ICQ and just copy and paste your old directory over top of the new install after setting up your old account.

1) Install New ICQ
              2) Say existing user and put in your pertinient information
              3) after successfully getting on and being presented with a blank list with your old number close ICQ
              4) Select your old ICQ Directory (Must be named the same) and copy
              5) Go into program files and say paste. (Yes to all overwriting of files)

This has worked for me for the past two or three years... so hopefully it will work for you.
              AMD Phenom 9650, 8GB, 4x1TB, 2x22 DVD-RW, 2x9600GT, 23.6' ASUS, Vista Ultimate
              AMD X2 7750, 4GB, 1x1TB 2x500, 1x22 DVD-RW, 1x8500GT, 22" Acer, OS X 10.5.8
              Acer 6930G, T6400, 4GB, 500GB, 16", Vista Premium
              Lenovo Ideapad S10e, 2GB, 500GB, 10", OS X 10.5.8

Comment

Working...
              X