I want to join the army.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to join the army.

I´d like to play online with the MU Clan... I´m a newbie on online gaming, and I´m equipped with a 56K phone line . Yesterday I played UT with humans for the first time. It was a riot. I searched for deathmatch sites in the multiplayer options in UT and I joined some servers at random, but I couldn´t understand very well how multiplayer mechanism works. I could only play when someone joined me, so I ended up playing just 2 one-on-one games (I beat the hell out of a guy on Morbias ). There was a delay every time I fired or tried to pick up something, though, which makes the game more difficult to play (it´s the ping, I believe). What can I do do reduce this delay?

So, can you fill me in about the what-do-dos and how-to-do-its to play with you MURC fellows?
    Last edited by Alec; 22 November 2001, 15:09.

Welcome to the 56k world Alec There are a couple of us who`re still on 56k (oboy, me, beezer (i think)) ... and there isnt much you could do about the lag ... find better servers Ideally some in Portugal or close by ... Anyways, open Find Internet Games, then chat, server is irc.enterthegame.com, channel #[MU].

I havent played online a while now (my connection got WORSE, i didnt think that was possible), but thats where you are most likely to find any of us (P.S. Kindness! is Pneumatic) ... but dont play against Ace (Snake-eyes/Azash) or Kindness! if you want to win
    j/k

Join servers with pings lower than 250 (250 is bearable, but if its more than 250-300 ... not worth the hassle), ones that have players ... sort the servers by the ping (lower=better), and if you play on some server and have good pings, add them to the favorites (right click>add to favorites) ... that way you wont have to wait pinging some 3000 servers everytime ...
    Seth, are you ok? I`m peachy Kate. The world is my oyster. - Seth Gecko

Comment

Thanks, I´ll give it a go.
      Isn´t there a Capture The Flag or Coop Deathmatch MU team? If there is, I´d like to give my contribute to kill Nvidiots.

Comment

Working...
      X