Dual Display with good 3d perf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual Display with good 3d perf

I want a good video card that can output to dual displays each at 1600x1200x32@75hz. Right now I have a GF2 MX that can do 1280x1024 on each monitor but i ahve to say that the image quality is really bad. I was thinking of a radeon 7500 because of its dual ramdacs (i realize the image quality is not as good as a g400max nor even a g550). I believe it will give me pretty decent image quality at my desired resolutions and refresh rates. I was thinking about the Radeon 8500 but I can't find good specs on it and ATI doesn't reply to my emails (7 emails to them). I want the 7500 because I want to be able to play 3d games as well as do dual display. Just wanted your guys opinions. THanks a lot.

Jason

If you want to play games and not upgrade in the near future get the 8500, if you are planning to get whatever Matrox put out next, and have decent 3D speed get a 7500.

Both of them have the same dual display capabilities and as far as I know equal 2D quality and speed.

Comment

So how is the Radeon dual display support now compared to DualHead? Does it work in WinXP yet?
      There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Lucid, Cool Avatar.

regards MD
        Interests include:
        Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

Originally posted by mdhome
          Lucid, Cool Avatar.

regards MD
          Well, I got it from a huge gallery of alien & UFO art at http://www.geocities.com/~cobrazil/alien-1.html

But anyways, I haven't found a single review of Radeon 7500/8500 that would compare its dual display capability with Matrox DualHead.. hmmm..
          There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Working...
          X