Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trv730?

Hi,

I've been really enjoying learning/experimenting with DV. When I first started looking at A-D, Doc recommended to me the Sony TRV720 (1 megapixel Digital8). The price tag was a bit too high. Things have changed. I found the Sony TRV730 for a reasonable price.

Can anyone relate any experience with the TRV730? Is it as good as the TRV720? Does the 1 megapixel CCD make a difference over the 460pixel of a TRV330?

Thank you

Does the TRV730 have memory stick/still snapshot capability?

I have the TRV20 (miniDV), and it also has a megapixel CCD. The TRV30 has even better resolution, but so far as I've seen it's mainly useful for capturing stills, since I can get 1152x864 resolution stills with the megapixel CCD, but the next model down can only do 640x480 (which is all that's really needed for web posting, except that a picture resized from 1152 to 640 seems sharper than a picture captured directly in 640 mode).

I guess the standard DV capture might be sharper too in overall output, but without another camera to test this theory against, I can only tell you that the CCD's increased resolution does come in handy for stills (I don't need a second, dedicated digital camera).
    "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
    Gainward Ti4600
    AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

Working...
    X