ASUS A7V266-E refuses to recognise multiplier changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASUS A7V266-E refuses to recognise multiplier changes

A friend of mine and I have tried to use unlocked processors(XP1800+) with our MBs. We have even gone so far that we have gotten the L1s soldered on one processor and gold bonded on another.

Has anyone else had the same problems or has anyone elses heard of this. Id even be more happy if I read or heard a rumour about someone succeeding on a A7V266-E.

We have tried multiple bioses latest is 1005beta004e ...

The only good thing happening is that the system freezes when we try 11 for multiplier instead of 11.5.

Please give us some good news ...

Does it work in another board as it sounds like your modification didn't work.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I'll second that. You don't seem to be unlocking the processor. Did you clean the L1 connectors?

Post pics.
      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

The xp cpus are different than the Tbirds.
        As we all recall the closing of the L1 bridges in the Tbirds was all that was neccessary,heck,even a pencil could do the trick!
        With the XP cpus,if you look at the bottom of the cut or seperation(use a magnifying glass!)you will see what looks like fine copper mesh.
        When you bridge the L1 gaps the conductive material makes contact with this mesh and the bridge is shorted,making the unlock a failure.
        The secret is to first put a coating of a non conductive material in the gaps.
        This can be a non conductive epoxy,crazy glue or the one that I'd use is the non conductive insulation that is used on auto alternators(available at hardware and auto stores)as it is a liquid that hardens to a very resilient coating.
        Once the copper mesh is isolated and the coating is fully dry,then connect the L1 bridges with a conductive material.
        If you've soldered the bridges closed,you may have a lot of work ahead of you!
        HTH

Comment

Thanks for your suggestions, but... I've not shorted the gaps. If you shorted the gap, (it is normally 11.5) you will get a different multiplier, for XP1800+ you will get it locked at 10. So I know that it is not in contact with the mesh...

Another problem is that I don't know of anyone that have a motherboard to try it in, so I really don't know if it is unlocked... But if you do it like I do, get it soldered, you are pretty sure that it is closed...

Just strange...

Have you heard of anyone that have used a unlocked XP on a A7V266-E ?

Comment

It has been solved !!!

/C-A

Comment

Working...
            X