Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

He's doggone huge! America's biggest dog.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He's doggone huge! America's biggest dog.

I'd like to see someone create a breed of dog an adult could saddle up and ride.

Wouldn't want to be on the thing's back when it spotted a cat, though!

Kevin

Comment

I'd like to see someone create a breed of dog an adult could saddle up and ride.
      Yeah, that would almost be like, a horse.
      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Loved this comment..

That's not a dog, it's a full sized Vulcan Selat!
        Anyone who watched the Star Trek animated series knows this was spot on! Well, except this guy doesn't have the huge fangs..

Comment

"Yeah, that would almost be like, a horse."

Except a horse won't fetch you a stick.
          Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Ciobanesc Mioritic:

Took me a while to find a picture for it. Now, this breed can grow huge.
            It's a sheppard breed, don't know if it was yet internationally acknowledged. Supporters have problems getting it done here.

Comment

I would stretch my arms high up in the air, and run for my life if I saw that beast closeby.

Comment

My Sinjin was 200lbs when we had to put him down due to cancer in his front leg. He was only 4 years old.

He was a Rottweiler/St. Bernard mix.

amish
                Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

Comment

I had a friend with a Rott/Bernard mix on their farm. That boy was huge! His head wouldn't have fit on a dinner platter, and his paws were much bigger than your palm.

Another breed that I've heard is impressive is the Irish Wolfhound.
                  Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I wouldn't want to have to clean up the yard after a dog that big

Paul
                    "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

8 years is a long lifespan for a big dog.

They ought to export him to China or Korea while they can still make a profit.

Now, here's something for the "fish" thread.

Comment

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and check out the cat

This is the friend Silverster needed to get that dang big mouse

Dan
                        Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

When I was a kid growing up on the family farm we had a female German Shepard whose ancestors came over from Germany just after WW-II with a returning soldier who wanted to breed them. His family kept breeding them for size and smarts, selling them for watch dogs down on the farm.

The whole bunch was just flat huge for the breed, and Roxy was no different: 152 pounds, lean & smart as hell. Too smart for her own good, actually

Her first litter (9 pups, all huge) included a male that grew to almost 180 lbs, but he had a much stockier build than Roxy. Built like a damn tank. We named him King, of course.

As far as that cat goes, my dad had a Maine Coon once. He weighed in at almost 30 pounds, which is not too much larger than average for that breed. Problem is that Maine Coons often think they're dogs

Dr. Mordrid
                          Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 21 November 2001, 22:51.
                          Dr. Mordrid
                          ----------------------------
                          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I was playing with my parents dog today being a little rough with it.
                            the little shit bit the **** outta me all over my arms.. argg.. i learned my lesson..

looks like i've had a razor blade to my arms..
                            www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Maine Coons are pretty cool. Cat the size of a dog, with a dog-like temper. Heck, some of them even bark. I'd love to have one.
                              Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

Working...
                              X